Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

Lamp monitor module - get circuit board out?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 12:25 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: T/A
Engine: v8
Lamp monitor module - get circuit board out?

Hello. I am trying to get the printed circuit board out of the (1988 digidash) lamp monitor module harness. My intention is to repair the corrosion on the board.

When I am trying to pull it out, I pull at an unused place (red arrow). The circuit seems to pivot somewhat around the center at the back (red circle), but it seems stuck.

I can't figure out if I just need to pull harder, or if there is some sort of plastic tab I'm missing. Thanks for any suggestions.
Attached Thumbnails Lamp monitor module - get circuit board out?-img_0997.jpg   Lamp monitor module - get circuit board out?-img_0998.jpg  
Old 12-28-2016, 02:38 PM
Supreme Member

Received 352 Likes on 267 Posts
Car: 1984 Camaro Berlinetta
Engine: LT1
Transmission: T56 6-speed
Axle/Gears: 4.11 LS1 Rear End
Re: Lamp monitor module - get circuit board out?

I clearly remember having a REAL hard time pulling the Light Monitoring Module from it's case before too. I've only removed it from it's case once - and it did not co-operate !

In your picture where the red arrow is shown,...... there is a notch cut into the circuit board right about where the point of your red arrow is. Insert a small screwdriver into that hole in the circuit board and use the plastic case for leverage to help pry it from it's plug. Might need to get a set of small "pliers" of some kind to grab-&-pull on the opposite side of the board while prying..... ( JUST BE CAREFULL not to scratch the circuits on the board with your pliers !! )

Old 01-17-2017, 01:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: T/A
Engine: v8
Re: Lamp monitor module - get circuit board out?

thanks, I got it out.
"Pull harder" was the right answer indeed. There is nothing more to it
Attached Thumbnails Lamp monitor module - get circuit board out?-ff_img_1007.jpg