Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

What type of OBD is this?

Old 06-04-2017, 10:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What type of OBD is this?

Hello everyone, I have a 1990 Camaro RS and found this OBD female plug under the dash, but I'm not sure what type of obd it is. Anyone have an idea??
Old 06-05-2017, 02:17 AM

Car: 89 Z28
Engine: tbi 305
Re: What type of OBD is this?

Hi SharkyZ28. What I think that is is a aftermarket security device. Remove that card in it and it shouldn't start. Warning! Those get finicky from removing and re-inserting them. I've seen just a couple of those in twenty years of the used car business. If it works then you may wanna keep it as no one else will kow what it is! I made it a habit of removing every alarm system that came through our shop because we didn't want to fight the constant horn blaring or a shoddy install causing problems or worse yet system is worn out and having intermittant starting. Best to rip 'em out and be done with it.

al
Old 06-05-2017, 10:48 AM

Car: 1991 Firebird
Engine: 5.0 TBI
Transmission: T5
Re: What type of OBD is this?

Originally Posted by fan1701
Hi SharkyZ28. What I think that is is a aftermarket security device. Remove that card in it and it shouldn't start. Warning! Those get finicky from removing and re-inserting them. I've seen just a couple of those in twenty years of the used car business. If it works then you may wanna keep it as no one else will kow what it is! I made it a habit of removing every alarm system that came through our shop because we didn't want to fight the constant horn blaring or a shoddy install causing problems or worse yet system is worn out and having intermittant starting. Best to rip 'em out and be done with it.

al

Search this Thread