Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

FINALLY

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 86 WS6 5sp TA
Engine: 305
Transmission: 5sp
Axle/Gears: posi
FINALLY

well, i've been working on-and-off on my 86, WS6 for a couple years. it was running great then sat in the garage and WOULD NOT START. i replaced the starter switch (which i thought was going to be easy but it wasn't) and the ignition module et...nothing worked. i finally just bought a cheap, CarDone complete distributor and dropped it in. THAT DID IT. it must have been my pickup coil because that's the only thing that i didn't change but i wanted a clean slate so i just bought the entire distributor. so that is a load off of my mind. now i can concentrate on getting tires and painting. the interior is pristine so i don't have to do anything on the inside. it's an all original, white, ws6, TA, 305, 4bbl, 5sd. not many were made in this configuration and few survived unmolested. this is the way i found this car. at the time it was running terrible but i realized that the plugs were fouled. afterwards it ran great. now running again!
Attached Thumbnails FINALLY-trans-am-1.jpg  
Old 10-01-2017, 06:27 PM
Supreme Member

Received 64 Likes on 57 Posts
Car: 1 Owner 1986 TA with a WS6 package
Engine: 5.0 EFI
Transmission: THM700R4
Axle/Gears: 277 Posi Speedo
Re: FINALLY

Nice car,is that a LG4 OR A L69? According to PHS they only made 28 L69 and the manual 5 sp. was available for that engine at the time.
Old 10-01-2017, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 86 WS6 5sp TA
Engine: 305
Transmission: 5sp
Axle/Gears: posi
Re: FINALLY

it's an LG4 but it goes pretty good. when i get tires on it, i'll upload a video. the window sticker says that it will get 30mpg on the highway. not bad....