Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

Please help! Engine wiring harness and under dash harness needed for 1988

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please help! Engine wiring harness and under dash harness needed for 1988

Hi All,
I' new to the forums. I have a 1988 Iroc Z 305 manual transmission Camaro. I need a new wiring harness for the motor and also an under dash wiring harness for the heat and air. My mechanic is having a hard time finding them. Im in too deep with my Camaro to give up.
Are there any out there?
What should I do?
Thanks in advance!
Old 11-09-2017, 07:30 PM
KCG

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 89 IROC
Re: Please help! Engine wiring harness and under dash harness needed for 1988

Where are you located?
Old 11-09-2017, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

South Georgia
Old 11-15-2017, 06:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try Hawks.
Joe
Old 11-18-2017, 11:52 AM
Supreme Member

Received 76 Likes on 66 Posts
Car: 1991 Z28 Vert
Engine: 383 single plane efi
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 8.8 with 3.73s

Originally Posted by joebow88
Hi All,
I' new to the forums. I have a 1988 Iroc Z 305 manual transmission Camaro. I need a new wiring harness for the motor and also an under dash wiring harness for the heat and air. My mechanic is having a hard time finding them. Im in too deep with my Camaro to give up.
Are there any out there?
What should I do?
Thanks in advance!
If you're in too deep to give up then you need to start learning how to do things without a "mechanic." Paying a mechanic to work/build one of these cars is a tremendous waste of money. A 60s/70s car that is worth 20-40K in a restored state would make sense on but not these cars. The value of these cars as even a low mileage, stock, excellent condition car is only now breaking into the teens. If the mechanic is having a hard time finding them I question if he is worth keeping around. I just went to Phoenix and found three 90-92 camaros that had good interior wiring and one still had a good engine harness. I'm going to Las Vegas next week and have already found a few yards with thirdgens. Interior wiring harnesses are probably the easiest items to find. Thirdgens are becoming scarce at yards but they are still out there. Hawks has the interior harness listed for $250 but its unknown if they had them in stock. I could probably find an interior harness without much hassle, I could pull it for you but it would be whatever the junkyard charged me($50-100?), plus shipping which would be at least $30, plus my fee.

Why do you need all of these harnesses? Was the car bought as a shell only? involved in a fire or flood?