Electronics Need help wiring something up? Thinking of adding an electrical component to your car? Need help troubleshooting that wiring glitch?

No BAT voltage at Fuse Box, Fusible Link??

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No BAT voltage at Fuse Box, Fusible Link??

We bought an 89 Formula 350 that hadn't run in a long time. We fixed all the gremlins (mice had chewed through 16 wires of the engine harness) and were pumping out the old gas before changing injectors.

We ran a wire from the BAT slot in the fuse box to pin G of the ALDL to run the pump. Worked great until my helper accidentally touched the hot wire to the steel bracket holding the ALDL connector, big short, sparks.

Interior lights went out and the BAT terminals at fuse box are dead. I'm having trouble finding exactly where our blown fuse or fusible link for this is?

The wiring diagrams I have looked at are not helping a whole lot to show what feeds the BAT terminals in the fuse box. I assume it is a fusible link? If so, where is it located?

Some other symptoms that may or may not be related, the interior courtesy lights are not turning on (but fuse is good at fuse box) and the coolant fans are not turning on.

Thanks!
Old 11-19-2017, 06:08 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1,672 Likes on 1,269 Posts
Car: Yes
Engine: Usually
Transmission: Sometimes
Axle/Gears: Behind me somewhere
Re: No BAT voltage at Fuse Box, Fusible Link??

Fusible links are at the starter... they go to the post where the red batt cable also goes.

Don't bother trying to decipher the schematic, just change em out.

Oh,, .... , ... and fire your helper. AFTER you make em change out the link.