Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: camaro
Engine: 8-71 blown 355
Transmission: TH400
Axle/Gears: 9inch 4.30:1
Moser "9 Inch"/35 spline rear/wheels/tires FS

I am in the middle of backhalfing my 83 and am going to have some parts left over that some other thirdgeners could use.

If anyone is planning on doing a mini-tub of their thirdgen then this will work out perfectly for you.

First is the Moser Ford 9 inch rear I had them make. It is one inch narrower on each axle than factory. I did this so that a common 15x10 rim with 5.5 inch backspacing would tuck perfectly inside the wheel well. Obviously you have to work the inner wheel well a little but a 28x12.5 MT ET street fits great.

There are no third gen brackets on this housing. I ran ladderbars and coilovers inside the factory frame rails so I could mini tub and not have to worry about control arms or factory spring locations. If you want factory brackets you will have to cut them off of a factory rear and have the torque arm bracket put on or use an adapter.

If you want ladder bars, the brackets for them and the coilovers are arleady welded on.

The axles are 35 spline from moser, they are huge, probably overkill even for my 8-71 blown small block, buy no worries about breaking them...ever.

The housing uses a very large bearing on each axle end and third gen brakes would not work because the third gen brake mounting bolt pattern is very small in diameter. I run second gen brakes that are very easy to find. I paid $50 for a set fron the salvage yard and rebuilt them.

I am keeping the moser center section for the new rear. If no one needs this rear I may have it narrowed and reuse it.

I also have the weld draglites 15x10 with 5.5 inch backspacing and 28x12.5-15 MT ET streets mounted on them. These tires have zero miles and zero passes. Just used for mock up then decided to backhalf the car.

All of this has only been mocked up, the rear, rims, tires. I know I have much more in this than I can get out of it now.

For the moser 9 inch I would like to get $600 for the housing and 35 spline axles or reasonable best offer.

For the weld draglites and MT ET Streets I would like to keep them together since they are mounted. I would like to get $400 for both rims and tires or best reasonable offer. This is less than one wheel and tire new. Zero miles or passes on them.

If someone wants to do a package deal and take it all then we can work something out.

My number is 1-217-620-5365, you can PM me or e-mail me at mikeprimmer@hotmail.com

If you are within the north texas southern oklahoma area we may be able to meet face to face otherwise shipping will be from 76354.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: camaro
Engine: 8-71 blown 355
Transmission: TH400
Axle/Gears: 9inch 4.30:1
Re: Moser "9 Inch"/35 spline rear/wheels/tires FS

Here are a few pics, if there are others you want to see, just let me know
Attached Thumbnails Moser "9 Inch"/35 spline rear/wheels/tires FS-bottem1.jpg   Moser "9 Inch"/35 spline rear/wheels/tires FS-front1.jpg   Moser "9 Inch"/35 spline rear/wheels/tires FS-back.jpg