Exhaust Post your questions and suggestions about stock or aftermarket exhaust setups. Third Gen exhaust sound files and videos!

Need help and suggestions on exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help and suggestions on exhaust

I have a v6 2.8L 1987 Camaro, and I want to put an after market proseries flow master muffler on it. 1st would anyone recommend against this and why? 2nd what size inlet and outlets do I need? 3rd should I get a full cat back system instead of a just the muffler alone? Why? 4 I'm looking for a little more umph behind the cars exhaust sound, a little more rumble, nothing to arrogent tho, it's only a v6. Car is completely stock, this is my first improvement.
Old 11-20-2016, 03:13 AM

Car: 1992 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
Engine: 5.7 TPI
Transmission: 700R4 Overdrive Automatic
Axle/Gears: 3.23:1 Positraction
Re: Need help and suggestions on exhaust

I think it will sound better with a Flowmaster 80 series muffler.

Cat back would be better because the stock Piping is very restrictive for back pressure.

I know my 5.7 Z28 "woke up" and sounded like a new animal with a much deeper tone when I went with A Flowmaster 80s catback and big Chrome tips.
Old 11-20-2016, 05:51 PM

Car: 1985 trans am
Engine: 350
Transmission: T-5
Axle/Gears: 2.73
Re: Need help and suggestions on exhaust

Magnaflow all the way. And won't rot out like flowmaster. Bought a 96 trans am with the flowmaster cat back. Took it off right away for the magnaflow and a definite better raspy sound. Flowmaster tends to drone at higher rpms.