Fabrication Custom fabrication ideas and concepts ranging from body kits, interior work, driveline tech, and much more.

T-Top storage Relocation.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 03:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: Green 1991 Firebird Formula
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: T5
T-Top storage Relocation.

I recently put a custom sub box in the hatch area of my car. I had to build brackets ontop of the sub box for my T-tops to rest on so they didn't hit any of the components mounted ontop of the box. I decided I don't like the box, so i'm ripping it out and building another one with stereocomponents. Here's where the fabrication comes in:

I don't want the T-tops to get in the way of, or block the view of any of my stereo components. I am taking the back seats and carpets out this summer for some preventative maintanence(and leaving the back seats out) and was wondering if, at the same time, I could weld in some brackets so that the T-top bag, instead of mounting from that hump, to the back of the hatch, mounts from the hump foward towards the front seats at a slope a bit shallower than the side of that hump so that the tops don't touch it and vibrate against it.

I'm sure that others have thought of doing this. Are there any success/failure stories, or reasons for not doing this that I can't see. How do you think it will look?