Fabrication Custom fabrication ideas and concepts ranging from body kits, interior work, driveline tech, and much more.

What is the purpose of threaded holes and pass thru holes in the PS battery tray area

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 11:04 AM
Supreme Member

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Car: Building LS3, T56 Z28
Engine: LS3
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: Moser/ 4.11
What is the purpose of threaded holes and pass thru holes in the PS battery tray area

Looking to simply remove this piece to clean things up a bit. I see lots of holes and nuts and stuff on this piece and I can't remember what they are all used for.

I think the air pod vac tank when there and some brackets too.

Brackets I think are good to keep, but I think I can incorporate them in a sleeker way than all these holes.

I already have a close off panel above this panel smoothing the engine bay.

Any advice or tips as to what went here would help. Battery will be in trunk some place.
Old 08-10-2018, 11:10 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1,052 Likes on 748 Posts
Re: What is the purpose of threaded holes and pass thru holes in the PS battery tray

Both sides are battery trays. Opposite the battery, you generally have the Sphere Of Destiny © on the bottom, and the charcoal can on the top, potentially the aircleaner if it's a Firebird. Under the driver's side you'll have a steering box brace.. That's pretty much everything. Since you're going full custom, it really shouldn't matter, you can add holes later wherever you need them.
Old 08-13-2018, 08:22 AM
Supreme Member

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Car: Building LS3, T56 Z28
Engine: LS3
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: Moser/ 4.11
Re: What is the purpose of threaded holes and pass thru holes in the PS battery tray

Perfect. Thanks for the refresher.

I will lop it off and add back anchoring for the steering brace. Thanks.