Group Purchases Take part in, suggest, or discuss Group Purchases here. Make sure to read the rules before doing so.

UMI Sub Frame Connectors----GROUP PURCHASE! PLEASE READ

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 12:17 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 88 GTA "Cocaine"
Engine: 350 tpi
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 3.27
how long will it take you to get the dough
I dont think we will be doing it anytime before christmas
Old 12-15-2005, 05:07 PM

Car: 86 IROC
Engine: 5.0
Transmission: 5 speed
Order

Last day of January 2006. Hope we can get 10 peeps by then.

any questions? I can email Ryan and post his reply. (please read post carfully though because I donot want to ansewer questions I already have.)

attached is another pic sent to me by waynes383iroc
Attached Thumbnails UMI Sub Frame Connectors----GROUP PURCHASE! PLEASE READ-pc130033.jpg  
Old 12-15-2005, 05:18 PM

ground clearance

look where the arrow is pointing
Attached Thumbnails UMI Sub Frame Connectors----GROUP PURCHASE! PLEASE READ-pc130038.jpg  
Old 12-15-2005, 05:23 PM

last pic

you can see the sfc on each side in this pic......its hard to see though as wayne bought the black powdercoated ones...
Attached Thumbnails UMI Sub Frame Connectors----GROUP PURCHASE! PLEASE READ-pc130035.jpg  
Old 12-15-2005, 06:04 PM

come on viewers

man ive done hella research to organize this....and only 3 peeps will commit. Speak up now if you are interested....or just post ur comments and questions. Ill try to ansewer them.

thanks

p.s this is the only post on 3rd gen with this much info about the umi sfcs.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:34 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Car: 87 iroc
Engine: 410 sbc
Transmission: tremec 3550
Axle/Gears: 30 spline 3.73
funny, i've been eyeing these for the past three months. however i've bought a pa k-member and a-arms. where do you stand with the price right now??or when do you plan on everyone buying these???dave
Old 12-15-2005, 10:00 PM

Take time

to read post clearly...scroll up...Last day of Jan 2006.

...see you found that out....on my other post.....your in

awsome 5 of 10.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:45 AM

Car: 83 T-top T/A, 92 RS
Engine: 1970 LT1,305 TBI
Transmission: Th-400, 700r4
Axle/Gears: 3.42,2.73
irocstang Pm sent

Last day of Jan.06 is good for me. Looks like they will clear my Spohn crossmember. So make me #4.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:06 AM

4MULA88

Right on. Actaully you are #7 of 10. Check the other post for those who are committed. Last day for this GP is Jan 31/06.

Anyone else interested......or any questions?

Thanks
Old 12-16-2005, 11:30 AM

Detailed Weld Points

Recieved email from Ryan....with install instructions and weldpoints of the SFC. Will post instructions after this pic.

thanks

stang
Attached Thumbnails UMI Sub Frame Connectors----GROUP PURCHASE! PLEASE READ-weldpointsumi.jpg  
Old 12-16-2005, 11:34 AM

install directions

2nd part of the email I recieved. (installation directions)

"82-92 GM F-Body Weld-In Subframe Connectors

Note: Will not fit convertibles, may not fit 88-92 models with dual catalytic converters
Note: Vehicles suspension MUST be loaded while welding! Please follow installation instructions carefully:

Please Read: The UMI Performance subframe connectors for the 82-92 GM F-Body was designed around a stock platform running a factory single catalytic converter system. We have supplied a (3) piece set-up to help clear most aftermarket exhaust systems. Please note that certain exhaust systems may require adjustment on passenger side for a superb fit of subframe connector. UMI Performance Incorporated is not responsible for incorrect installation of this product. This installation is recommended to be preformed by a trained automotive technician with welding experience only. If you feel you are not capable of completing this installation please do not attempt.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:35 AM

email (2nd part)

email was too big for one thread...heres more info on install:

"1. Jack up front of vehicle to a good working height. Place (2) jack stands under each front A-arm. If possible, it is preferred to place the front tires on ramps or blocks to keep the suspension loaded. Move to the back and jack rear of vehicle, place (2) jack stands on the inner frame rails on each side. Do not place jack stands under rear axle. (Loading the rear suspension is completed in a later step)
2. Once car is supported on the stands and/or ramps jack up the rear end until the lower control arms are close to parallel with the ground, leave the rear end supported by the jack. IF USING A DRIVE ON LIFT, DISREGARD STEPS 1 AND 2.
3. Using (2) 18mm wrenches remove the front bolts of the lower control arms. The rear end may shift slightly.
4. Begin with driver’s side (A). Place the subframe connector under the car and position the U shaped part of the connector over the rear lower control arm mount. The rear mounting point of the subframe connector is to be on the out side of the subframe/lower control arm mount.
5. Place the lower control arm back into place, use the provided bolts and nuts to reattach lower control arm. Bolt is too placed through the subframe connector, subframe and lower control arm. Install the provided nut finger tight only. Repeat this step on the Passenger side.
6. Passenger Side- The passenger side subframe connector is a two piece connector consisting of B and C; this is due to exhaust clearance and ease of installation. Locate the passenger side connector (B) and repeat steps 4-5, leave the small piece (C) off the car at the moment.
7. Lift each subframe connector up until the front mounts of the connector sit flush on the vehicles subframe. Hold the subframe connector into the correct position, use a permanent marker or paint stick and mark the areas to be welded on both the subframe connector and the vehicles subframe, do this on both sides.
8. Unbolt and remove each subframe connector from the vehicle. Using a wire wheel or sander remove the paint from the subframe connector in areas you marked from step 7. Also under the vehicle, clean up all areas where the subframe connector will be welded to the vehicles subframe. Remove all paint and rust.
9. NOTE: Vehicles suspension MUST be completely loaded and level while welding. We recommend placing the rear tires on blocks or ramps to insure the rear suspension is loaded, we prefer the front tires to be placed on ramps/blocks as well but placing jack stands under each A-Arm will work as well. Let complete weight of vehicle rest on blocks/ramps.
10. Begin with driver’s side, place the subframe connector back into position and reinstall rear control arm bolt. Weld a bead around both the front mounting points and both sides of the rear mounting point. Clean up welds and prep for paint.
11. Repeat Step 10 on passenger side. Once passenger side is completed locate the third smaller piece (C). This piece is designed to be welded on the passenger side above the exhaust; it runs from the supplied UMI Performance subframe connector over the exhaust and meets at the vehicles subframe. The passenger side will be a mirror image of the driver’s side with the exception of the bend for exhaust clearance.
12. Place piece (C) up into the car twisting it above the exhaust. In some cases the exhaust may needed unbolted to do this. Place piece (C) into place; find the best possible spot that offers a good weld point as well as the most exhaust clearance. On a stock exhaust system there should be approximately ½” of clearance between piece (C) and the top of the exhaust. If you are running the aftermarket exhaust system this may vary.
13. Once location is determined mark the areas to be welded using a permanent marker or paint stick on the passenger side connector (B), piece (C) and vehicle subframe. Using a wire wheel or sander remove the paint from (C) in areas you marked from step 12 also under the vehicle, clean up all areas where this piece will be welded to the subframe and subframe connector (B). Remove all paint and rust.
14. After all welding is completed clean each area and prep for paint. Touch up each weld point using a rust preventive paint.
15. After completion of welding, lower vehicle to ride height, tighten the lower control arm mounts. Make sure it compresses the bushings when tightened. It may be necessary to tighten the front control arm bolts as much as 72- ft/lbs in order to compress the bushing."

That is all
Old 12-16-2005, 11:44 AM

email from Waynes 383IROC

question I asked:

"Wayne,

Thanks for the info and all the wonderfull pics you sent. They were very helpfull. Is it true what i heard about these sfcs....an amateur can install hem cuz there is no way every thing wont line up? can you please comment on
this."

waynes reply:

"They will line up auto and you only need basic welding skills, if your floor pan is bent where they make contact then you will need a piece of filler metal. I used some little pieces of flat bar."

hope this is helpfull to all of those who are committed and those who are reading this post for the first time....

keep the committed coming..

ps have emailed Ryan about this in the install directions he sent me that i posted above:

"may not fit 88-92 models with dual catalytic converters"

will post his reply when i get it

thanks
Old 12-16-2005, 11:46 AM

Car: 88 IROC
Engine: 383
Transmission: 700R4
I would recomend SFC's to anyone wanting to stiffen up their car, each brand has it's pros and cons. If they didn't they would all be made the same. I looked for several months before I got mine. I consulted several fabricators I work with. They all said forget the weight and get the best one for my applaction. I looked at the instalation of each kind and the clearence for exhaust. I picked the UMI, the fact that I didn't have to pull the carpet up for the welding helped also. I picked the black so my mods were not as noticable to the rest of the world.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wayne: How is the clearance with your SLP headers?
Old 12-16-2005, 01:48 PM

Mine are tight but fit good. Only had to move the break lines some on the drivers side 1/4" or so.
Old 12-16-2005, 04:14 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 86 Monte Carlo
Engine: Blown 489
Transmission: TH400
Axle/Gears: 9" 370s
wayne i dont see the rear control arm, are those traction bars?
Old 12-16-2005, 05:20 PM

These are modified / beefed up lakewood lift bars. the controll arms are still there
Old 12-16-2005, 08:55 PM

Car: 82 z28
Engine: 350
Transmission: TH350
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt 3.73
ok im in thats #8 right?
only if it goes until january though i cant do it any sooner i need to get my rearend back together before i can buy anything else

Last edited by wiseman9986; 12-16-2005 at 08:59 PM.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:53 PM

right on 8 out of 10. 2 more till 10. Will place GP order jan 31/06. If we get more than 10 it may be cheaper...
Old 12-16-2005, 11:58 PM

wiseman

please post that you are in on the other post..

https://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/sho...hreadid=335960

thanks
Old 12-17-2005, 12:35 AM
Supreme Member

not that i'm unimpressed, but if someone is going to reinvent the wheel, it should be improved. These are beefy sfc's and will do fine, but for 200 bucks you get a few feet of square tubing?? there is nothing here that can't be made with a sawzall and hd weldpak. I've posted before, i prefer spohns, they are a much more refined design. Please don't take this as slight on your choice but this is a ****load of debate over What? 40 bucks? I just don't get it. Irocstang, you gotta be on the umi payroll, if not you deserve to be, or at least get a free set.
Old 12-17-2005, 06:30 AM

Car: 82 z28
Engine: 350
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt 3.73
yea i would love to make my own but with working full time annd going to school full time and living 2 1/2 hours away from my camaro i just need to get it done
Old 12-17-2005, 09:55 AM

Car: 91 1LE
Engine: LB9
Transmission: MM5
Axle/Gears: GU6
Originally posted by Kat
20 extra for a color other than red or black.. lol...
Considering that most everyone wants Black or Red... It obviously costs extra for a reason if you want another color. Maybe because they have to pay more money for colors that aren't as popular? Ah, that's it... Does anyone actually know how much it costs to powder coat? It certainly isn't free, and when you're going to run a "special" batch, it certainly isn't as cost effective. This is called economics. Follow along.... 1+2=3 Give yourself a pat on the back!

Originally posted by laiky
not that i'm unimpressed, but if someone is going to reinvent the wheel, it should be improved. These are beefy sfc's and will do fine, but for 200 bucks you get a few feet of square tubing?? there is nothing here that can't be made with a sawzall and hd weldpak. I've posted before, i prefer spohns, they are a much more refined design. Please don't take this as slight on your choice but this is a ****load of debate over What? 40 bucks? I just don't get it. Irocstang, you gotta be on the umi payroll, if not you deserve to be, or at least get a free set.
The only reason you can't just go make a set of Spohn SFCs is because they use tubular steel. Is that why they are more refined? Because they are like the BMW of SFCs? How many people have tube benders? Raise hands please..... yeah. Pretty much no one! Obviously their welding jig is less involved due to the bending, whereas UMI has welded the spots that would be bends if it were tubular. That's 6 substantial spots. What it means is there is more labor involved - and I can only imagine what a good welder costs them by the hour! So if you can just go make a set of boxed UMI SFCs, please, go make them and sell them for $150 since they'll be the same quality, correct? I mean, it's just as easy as buying a Sawzall and welder...

Either way, you can't go wrong with either company - but if you want "beef" (as in beefy!), go with the cattle driver (a sign of power, control, and persistance of perfection). If you want pork, go "roll" (as in tubular) in the mud. That was probably the most stupid analogy I've ever used lol

I would like to add that I don't think that Spohn makes a subpar product. I also don't think BMR makes junk either. No one can go wrong with any company they choose. Everyone is making excellent suspension products with top notch service and quality. I have had nothing buy great luck with UMI, so I will continually support them. I would NEVER say that Spohn or BMR is junk - because they aren't. They each have the pluses, minuses, and differences. Make an educated buy and you'll be very happy. All I know is that you will not go wrong with UMI.

And those of you who feel the need to actually slander one company or the other... you're so full of it. Honestly, there is nothing wrong with anybodys design. Everyone has a different approach - that's life.

Last edited by demonspeed; 12-18-2005 at 10:27 AM.
Old 12-17-2005, 01:57 PM

re sfc fitment with exhaust

a reply from ryan at umi on exahaust and the umi sfc...

"The only difference with the dual cat vehicle is the exhaust sytem, it is a very tight fit with our SFC's and would require modification to the exhaust or just the air tube. If the vehicle is a 88-92 but has a single cat or different exhaust they will fit fine. As noted these are designed to fit around a stock exhaust sytem with a single cat, they MAY require some slight adjustment to the exhaust system when running a system different then stock.

Thanks,
Ryan "

said id post this when i got a reply earlier in this post

hope this is insightfull
Old 12-17-2005, 04:10 PM

Car: 1985 Trans Am
Engine: 6.6 at least
Transmission: T-56 (waiting)
Axle/Gears: 9" w/4.56 & spool (4 now)
I've ben eye-balling UMI's SFC's for a few months now and I like the look of there sturdy construction. I have also priced alot of other brands and from what I have seen they are the best bang for the buck...

KB's... cost more but dont look as strong.
BMR... I live by them (Tampa Bay area) and I would have gone with them, but when I talked to one of there tech's he said they aren't making any for 3rd gen's right now.
Hotchkis... cheaper (I think) but don't look as strong.

and so on, and so on.

The only problem I'm going to have is that I have Heedman LT's w/true duel's on my car and I'm not sure if they will work....If they will then Im also in...
Old 12-17-2005, 07:42 PM

Car: 89 Formula
Engine: 383 vortec tpi
Transmission: t56 woot
I.m down when are we looking to get em??? and whan do you need $$$ by??
Old 12-17-2005, 07:45 PM
Supreme Member

we are going for end of january so everyone has enough money to lay down by then, and if 10 members they are only 169.99$, irocstang is going to try and see if we get 15+ or 20+ maybe price will drop even more.

im running hooker shorty headers, NO cat's, and a 2 1/2" y-pipe so these should fit fine.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:47 PM

Car: 89 Formula
Engine: 383 vortec tpi
Transmission: t56 woot
Originally posted by roughskinjrz
we are going for end of january so everyone has enough money to lay down by then, and if 10 members they are only 169.99$, irocstang is going to try and see if we get 15+ or 20+ maybe price will drop even more.
Thanks I'm sure the info was posted b4 but I missed it

Count me in
Old 12-17-2005, 07:50 PM
Supreme Member

iroc stang wants you to go here to post which number in line you 8 or 9 or 10 or whatever

https://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/sho...hreadid=335960
Old 12-19-2005, 12:11 PM

To: brdofpry85 ta

Wrote this email to Ryan at umi about your question:

"Ryan,

question from one of my members...

The only problem I'm going to have is that I have Heedman LT's w/true duel's on my car and I'm not sure if they will work....If they will then Im also in..."

Just received an email back from Ryan it read...

"I suggest they use our installation pictures from the site to determine clearance issues with certain exhaust set-ups. I am assuming with there longtube headers and true duals they are running straight down the center of the vehicle in the tunnel. If this is the case, there will no clearance issues and the SFC's will fit excellent.

Hope that helps!
Ryan"

Note: install pics are included earlier in this post...please read/ look carefully and get back to me.

Hope this helps... are u in?

P.S 11 are now in...see GP post UMI SFC GP--for the committed.

pps...have wrote email to Ryan at Umi about price if we can get 20 in by Jan 31/06. Will post his reply when i get it.

Last edited by irocstang; 12-19-2005 at 12:14 PM.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:59 PM

Price if we get 20 people in on this GP

Wrote this email to Ryan at UMI:

"Ryan,

I already have 11 people so far in on the GP. I have posted the closing date for this GP as Jan 31/06. Is that ok with you?

In regards to this statement from you

"Here are the prices, we can do either 5 people or 10 people.

5-9 People- $184.99 a set

10+ People- $169.99 a set"

If we get 20 people or more by the end of January is there any chance that we would receive further discount? If there is i am sure I can manage to round up even more people. If there is a chance of further discount at 20+
people what would the price be?

Thanks for the speedy reply"

This is the reply to ryans email I received today:

"The best price and the lowest I can go on these for 20 people would be $159.99 a set, I know 20 people is quite a bit but I just can't go any less. I hope you understand.

If you can get 20 people that is great. One thing to note and I mean this in no harsh way and I am just giving you advise. I have ran a lot of GP's in the past and one thing I have learned is approx. only half the people who sign up actually go through with it. Like I said I don't mean that harsh, just learned that from my past experience and I could be wrong. But you better to have a few extras just in case.

January 31st is fine. Once the number of people is meet each one would have to contact me either phone, e-mail or using our shopping cart with payment. What we would do is get each member to pay for their own set plus their shipping and we ship it to them. What I do on a GP is gather every persons info as they order and hold it, we will not charge anyones card until I have received 10 or 20 orders which ever you choose it to be. We will also not ship until all payments are received, this way we assure it goes through.

If you have anymore questions please ask. Thanks again!

Ryan"

Does this sound good?

We got 11 whos gonna be 12? We have just over a month untill the order.

Please comment.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:36 PM

12 are in

12 are in. See the other post for the committed for whos in.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:52 PM

email from UMI

received this email from ryan at UMI

Re: Shipping prices

"Just a few side notes that may help. If anyone wants a shipping quote they are welcome to e-mail me or call at any time and I will respond instantly with a price. Shipping in the 48 States will run any where from $25-$45 and Canada is any where from $55-$100 depending on location. This item has to ship UPS due to the size, they are to large and US Postal Service will not except them.

Hope that helps!
Ryan"

Thought id post this as is may be insightfull
Old 12-19-2005, 10:50 PM

Car: 1986 IROC Z28
Engine: 350 carbed
Axle/Gears: 3.43
I've these selling on ebay for like $200. Definately like the quality. Where do I sign up, send money, choose my color, etc. Can't send the money until the 15th of next month though.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:50 AM
Supreme Member

its cool, irocstang set the date for the end of jan. so you have plenty of time. I am sure that when the time comes Ryan will provide us with the nessesary info on where and how to send the money.

Thanks for joining the group purchase. I hope we get to 20
Old 12-20-2005, 08:12 AM

Car: 1986 IROC Z28
Engine: 350 carbed
Axle/Gears: 3.43
Awesome. Can't wait 'till the 31st. I'm lucky number 13.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:38 AM

Right on we got 13 now

Thanks to Faulball67 for being 13

13 who are in are:

Irocstang
Jamon8
Roughskinz
Bluezee
Bigdavesiroc
Camaroracerlt1
4MULA88
Wiseman9986
Formula350sd
87 350
Eternaldarkness
Brdofpry85ta
Faulball67

Questionable are:

-Driver101 (sent me a pm that said if 10 or more people are in hes in....awaiting a pm from him and a posting on this thread....if so he'll be 14.)
-Flamingford===?????
-Grizzlee======awaiting reply
-92krvZ28=====will commit once we have 20
-Hotrod87camaro===awaiting reply
(Hurry up Questionables times slowly running out)

only 7 more till we hit 20 and get them for 159.99 american per set + shipping + ups brokrage.

Questions ansewred here. Postings from commited.....post that u are on the other post UMI SFC GP---for the committed.

Who wants to be 14?
Old 12-20-2005, 03:39 PM

Car: 1985 IROC Camaro
Engine: LT1
Transmission: T56
Still in. Killer deal. Thanks for getting this together.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:28 AM

16 now in

Irocstang
Jamon8
Roughskinz
Bluezee
Bigdavesiroc
Camaroracerlt1
4MULA88
Wiseman9986
Formula350sd
87 350
Eternaldarkness
Brdofpry85ta
Faulball67
Daturbosix
Grizzlee
IrocZ_newbie

Questionable are:

-Krisb410
-Driver101 (sent me a pm that said if 10 or more people are in hes in....awaiting a pm from him and a posting on this thread....if so he'll be 15.)
-Flamingford===?????

Please read the post for the committed too for even more info about this GP....just dont post their unless your committed.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:40 AM

17 are now in....3 more untill we hit 20

LIST OF WHOS IN

ALL IN ARE: (17 of 20..possibly more) end date Jan 31/06

Irocstang
Jamon8
Roughskinz
Bluezee
Bigdavesiroc
Camaroracerlt1
4MULA88
Wiseman9986
Formula350sd
87 350
Eternaldarkness
Brdofpry85ta
Faulball67
Daturbosix
Grizzlee
IrocZ_newbie
Private Party

Questionable are:

-Krisb410
-Driver101 (sent me a pm that said if 10 or more people are in hes in....awaiting a pm from him and a posting on this thread....if so he'll be 15.)
-Flamingford===?????

Merry Christmas to all and look forward to hearing from all the committed in days to come......We only need 3 more untill we reach the 20 mark and get these SFCs for 159.99 per set plus shippping and UPS (american funds)

who wants to be #18?
Old 12-26-2005, 10:13 PM

Driver101 makes 18 in

ALL IN ARE: (18 of 20..possibly more) end date Jan 31/06

Irocstang
Jamon8
Roughskinz
Bluezee
Bigdavesiroc
Camaroracerlt1
4MULA88
Wiseman9986
Formula350sd
87 350
Eternaldarkness
Brdofpry85ta
Faulball67
Daturbosix
Grizzlee
IrocZ_newbie
Private Party
Driver101

Questionable are:

-Krisb410
-Flamingford===?????
-ZZ4 86 Z28

Anyone want to be #19?
Old 12-27-2005, 07:36 AM
Supreme Member

I just got off the phone with ryan at umi. could not have asked to do business with a better or more stand up guy.

At first I was a bit worried to give this faceless company my money. So I called and told the receptionist that I was part of the group purchase and she told me to hold and to my suprise I got Ryan on the phone.

He never once asked me for my credit card. he was more interested in answering my questions and talking shop. I felt as though I was talking to a long time friend rater than some guy who wanted my money.

I asked ryan If he could e-mail me before he charged the card and let me know esactly how many people we in. he made a note to my bill and assured me that It would be done.

All and All I would have to say that it was the most pleasant experience that I have had in a while

Thank You Ryan
Old 12-29-2005, 07:08 PM

you can count me in on buying a set of these sfc's.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:22 PM

wiked you'd be 19 of 20 if

Bluezee just sent me an email saying he spent all his cash and has dropped out of committment. I hope this is our only casualty cause I want these sfcs for a good price just as much as the next guy if not more.

All in wouldve been 19 but seeing as we have a casualty you are 18. 2 more to go we do have a month though.

ALL IN ARE: (18 of 20..possibly more) end date Jan 31/06

Irocstang
Jamon8
Roughskinz
Bigdavesiroc
Camaroracerlt1
4MULA88
Wiseman9986
Formula350sd
87 350
Eternaldarkness
Brdofpry85ta
Faulball67
Daturbosix
Grizzlee
IrocZ_newbie
Private Party
Driver101
83z28400sbc

Questionable are:

-Krisb410
-Flamingford===?????
-ZZ4 86 Z28

lets not let this damper our spirits i know im for surely in and so are the rest of us (i sure hope).

Who wants to be #19. I hate saying 19 as we wouldve been looking for #20.

Thanks 83z28400sbc. You have cheered me up a bit from the loss of bluezee.

Last edited by irocstang; 12-29-2005 at 07:30 PM.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:19 PM
Kat
Supreme Member

Car: Camaro Vert
Engine: 355 HSR
Transmission: A4
Axle/Gears: 3.73 S60
Originally posted by demonspeed
Considering that most everyone wants Black or Red... It obviously costs extra for a reason if you want another color. Maybe because they have to pay more money for colors that aren't as popular? Ah, that's it... Does anyone actually know how much it costs to powder coat? It certainly isn't free, and when you're going to run a "special" batch, it certainly isn't as cost effective. This is called economics. Follow along.... 1+2=3 Give yourself a pat on the back!
No it doesn't cost extra to have a set of SFC's pc'ed another color other than red or black. Being that I worked in the business for a bit, I know first hand that it doesn't cost extra at all. When I used to do it, we just set what the customer wanted to the side, then when we sent it down for the PC, we told them what color we wanted and that was it. No extra charge.

So 20 dollar for a color other than red or black is a rip off for saying, "Hey these need to be silver" or some other color.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:55 PM

thats nice

thanks for your comments. Most, if not all committed to this GP, people want red or black anyway.

if a bussiness has a large amount of red and black powdercoating (the powder) in stock and they have to go buy a little powder to coat a specific order thats a different color they will be paying more for it as they are not purchasing it in large quantaties.

Makes sense to me.

Please do not start filling this thread with jibber jabber as I have tryed to get people as much info on these sfcs as possible. If you dont think the different colors are worth 20 dollars that is your opinion.

Please avoid slandering in this post as that is not what it is here for. This post is to provide info on these sfcs to our members. They can form there own opinions from there on.

Last edited by irocstang; 12-30-2005 at 05:05 PM.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:39 PM

one more in are 19 out of 20

CDN_87IROC added to the list.

ALL IN ARE: (19 of 20..possibly more) end date Jan 31/06

Irocstang
Jamon8
Roughskinz
Bigdavesiroc
Camaroracerlt1
4MULA88
Wiseman9986
Formula350sd
87 350
Eternaldarkness
Brdofpry85ta
Faulball67
Daturbosix
Grizzlee
IrocZ_newbie
Private Party
Driver101
83z28400sb
CDN_87IROC

Questionable are:

-Krisb410
-Flamingford===?????
-ZZ4 86 Z28

This GP can have more than 20 involved in it. Once we hit 20 we will have a set of these for 159.99 (plus shipping and ups brokrage) each.

questions glady accepted

Anyone want to be #20
Old 12-30-2005, 07:53 PM
Supreme Member

We need more people to commit to buying this set of Sfc. Putting your name on the list is one thing. Setting up your credit card so it can be charged is another.

If you plan on buying these on a credit card, and you have your own, call umi or do a on line order. I want to see just how many we really have.

Time to seperate the men from the Boys!
Old 12-30-2005, 07:57 PM
Kat
Supreme Member

Car: Camaro Vert
Engine: 355 HSR
Transmission: A4
Axle/Gears: 3.73 S60
Re: thats nice

Originally posted by irocstang
thanks for your comments. Most, if not all committed to this GP, people want red or black anyway.

if a bussiness has a large amount of red and black powdercoating (the powder) in stock and they have to go buy a little powder to coat a specific order thats a different color they will be paying more for it as they are not purchasing it in large quantaties.mbers. They can form there own opinions from there on.
I'm willing to bet that Ryan doesn't do his own PC'ing. Most companies send their stuff out to a PC'er to have it done. "Usually" they offer a wide pallet of colors and have them in stock most of the time. Because they don't just do car parts all the time. hrmmmm

Quick Reply: UMI Sub Frame Connectors----GROUP PURCHASE! PLEASE READ