History / Originality Got a question about 1982-1992 Camaro or Firebird history? Have a question about original parts, options, RPO codes, when something was available, or how to document your car? Those questions, answers, and much more!

When?

Old 09-11-2000, 09:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When?

When are the last F-bodies going to be sold.
Old 09-11-2000, 09:55 AM
TGO Supporter

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Car: 85 IROC-Z / 88 GTA
Engine: 403 LSx (Pending) / 355 Tuned Port
Transmission: T56 Magnum (Pending) / T5
Axle/Gears: 3.42 / ?
Nobody knows. Every time I talk to somebody that finds out that I'm a Camaro guy, they start telling me how much they know. They start bragging that they know when this or that is going to happen, like they know John Moss or something. Point is, they are all idiots and don't know jack. Right now, no matter what anybody tells you, it's fabricated. Nobody knows yet. All we can do is speculate. Word has it that the Bowling Green plant is undergoing renewal or expansion, but St. Terese (sp?) is not under contract beyond 2002. Word also has it that Pontiac is fuming over the loss of the F-body because it's the only sports car they have. The most popular opinions right now are that the camaro may bite the dust and the firebird stays, or they both stay under the generic rwd platform that's in development, or they both die. All we know for sure is that there will definately be camaros & firebirds thru 2002.

------------------
The IROC Homepage
<A HREF="http://www.rit.edu/~jli4307/camaro" TARGET=_blank>
View the restoration of an 85 IROC</A>
"I didn't know a bored out Ford could go so slow" -Shenandoah

Search this Thread