History / Originality Got a question about 1982-1992 Camaro or Firebird history? Have a question about original parts, options, RPO codes, when something was available, or how to document your car? Those questions, answers, and much more!

My first third gen

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 02:04 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1991 Camaro RS B4C
Engine: 5.7 TPI Crate Motor
Transmission: WC T5
Axle/Gears: 10 Bolt 3.42
My first third gen

Hello, been a long time lurker. Today I purchased my first third gen. I never expected to end up with the car I have. It's a project.... my first project BTW. I bought a 1991 B4C LB9 5 speed. This car wasn't up for sale but was offered to a well known member of the board and he told me about it. Reason it wasn't posted for sale anywhere is the previous owner wanted it to go to a person that was going to take care of it and keep it stock. I'll post up some pictures tomorrow of it.

I didn't spend too much time with it but it runs decent, drives, and from 20 feet looks okay other than a dent on the fender, cracked nose and the 26 year old peeling tint on the windows. The interior is in good shape (probably because of the tint) only things wrong with the interior are the typical third gen problems, dash pad cracked and was hacked up buy one of the previous owners, headliner is sagging, tach is broken, and there is a pepboys special shifter ****.

If anyone has a dash pad, or shifter **** for sale let me know. The guy I bought from threw in a nose and fender. I don't know what else I need at this point but it seems as if this is the place to find parts and advice.
Old 06-04-2017, 10:21 AM
Supreme Member

Received 546 Likes on 376 Posts
Car: 1989 IROC-Z. Original owner
Engine: LB9. Dual Cats. Big Cam
Transmission: World Class T-5
Axle/Gears: BW 3.45
Re: My first third gen

Congrats Steve. It's a cool, rare car and you'll have fun fixing it and enjoying it.
Old 06-04-2017, 12:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 92 Firebird Formula
Engine: 5.0 tbi
Transmission: 700r4/shift-kit
Axle/Gears: 4.11/posi

Welcome aboard Steve can't wait to see pict's
Old 06-04-2017, 03:02 PM
Supreme Member

Received 54 Likes on 45 Posts
Car: '87 IROC
Engine: 5.7 Vortec w/ factory TPI
Transmission: WC T-5
Axle/Gears: 3.45 Posi

Congrats on the new ride! Can't wait to see some pics.