History / Originality Got a question about 1982-1992 Camaro or Firebird history? Have a question about original parts, options, RPO codes, when something was available, or how to document your car? Those questions, answers, and much more!

Gm heritage society

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 11:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Gm heritage society

don't know if posted in the right area but looking for some help. Trying to get a build sheet and break down from GM on my 85 l69. Contacted heritage and they say via email only an original invoice they can send me for $50. I found the general info kit for 85 camaros on the site but maybe I got the wrong impression? I'm of the understanding that you can get very specific detailed info on these cars even down to how many were made like yours and how many are left. I've tried searching here but not getting anything. Am I wrong or just not talking to the right people?
Old 10-10-2018, 05:20 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1,052 Likes on 748 Posts
Re: Gm heritage society

Originally Posted by L6969
maybe I got the wrong impression? I'm of the understanding that you can get very specific detailed info on these cars even down to how many were made like yours and how many are left.
Yep, you have been mislead. No one kept track of any combination of options, and no one has been keeping a running tally of how many have been destroyed over time. All GM has is original invoices and all anyone can do with some of that data, is to extrapolate approximate numbers based on those often incomplete records. Anytime you see "My car is one of seven ever made with a 350, t-tops, and pink titty-tassle hand grips" the perpetrator is generally engaging in a flight of fancy. Take it with a grain of salt. Besides only the "touched in the head" crowd, and the NERDliest of NERDs cares. Best to just avoid those types and enjoy yourself regardless of the rarest of the rare collector status.