History / Originality Got a question about 1982-1992 Camaro or Firebird history? Have a question about original parts, options, RPO codes, when something was available, or how to document your car? Those questions, answers, and much more!

Nascar Fans Help Needed Part Two

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 10:41 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nascar Fans Help Needed Part Two

Okay, not sure how my first thread got closed, so I opened this one to give the final answers I've come up as I know I always hate when people post and never give the conclusion. If the moderator closed it, fine, could've let me know though as to why. Anyway, thanks for the thoughts from those that posted. Here is what I learned. Tow truck was bought in 1991 from a large truck dealer in a far south suburb. Dealer said it had special paint and bed and was supposedly one of 200 made....that said, it sounds to me like it is simply a dealer "special edition" and nothing worth saving....I just wanted to be sure it wasn't something really cool before it gets scrapped. It gets scrapped tomorrow for the whopping sum of $250.00.
Above is a picture of it.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:55 PM
JT
Community Administrator

Received 255 Likes on 184 Posts
Re: Nascar Fans Help Needed Part Two

Originally Posted by toomanybirds
Okay, not sure how my first thread got closed, so. If the moderator closed it, fine, could've let me know though as to why.
I didn't close that thread but the reason is pretty easy to understand. This site is ThirdGen.org (Third Generation F-Body). This section's description is also descriptive:
"Got a question about 1982-1992 Camaro or Firebird history?"

A tow truck doesn't quite fit in any of the above so that's why.