Interior Discussion about interior restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Seat Belt, Door, Lights Alarm

Old 03-01-2017, 08:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seat Belt, Door, Lights Alarm

Hi, have a 1982 Berlinetta, the alarm is barely audible, unit is rectangular,
have two other units, they are square shaped, I pulled them from salvage
cars, not 1982s. Is the unit that plugs into my convenience center compatible with units from 83 on up? Can I replace my rectangular shaped unit with the square shaped unit? If not, anyone know where I can get a working alarm unit for my car, or if anyone repairs the 82 alarm buzzer units? Lastly, anyone know if my unit may have been used in other 1982 GM vehicles, like maybe an S10 pickup??
Old 03-01-2017, 09:26 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1,052 Likes on 748 Posts
Re: Seat Belt, Door, Lights Alarm

Berlinetta aside, the audible warning box changed designs at least a couple times. If I remember correctly, early cars buzz, later cars ding, that kind of thing. I know the entire module can be unplugged to disable the system, and the early/later boxes can be exchanged, say for example you hate the noise one makes, you can plug in the other instead.

Generally speaking, Berlinettas tend to be a little unique, with unique features and wiring. But that mostly seems to apply to 84-86 cars with the digital dash cluster. John in RI (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/member.php?u=884) is the resident Berlinetta expert. If you don't get the answer in a day or two you might send him a private message and ask or Berlinetta specific info.
Old 03-01-2017, 05:16 PM
Supreme Member

Received 348 Likes on 263 Posts
Car: 1984 Camaro Berlinetta
Engine: LT1
Transmission: T56 6-speed
Axle/Gears: 4.11 LS1 Rear End
Re: Seat Belt, Door, Lights Alarm

( Thanx Drew ! )

Oldpackrat; You should read thru this thread,..... I'm thinking it will answer most of your questions !

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/elec...e-digital.html

Search this Thread