Interior Discussion about interior restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Digital Dash/Programmable Tach/Shift Light Install Location

Old 11-01-2017, 05:46 AM
Supreme Member

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts
Car: 87TA 87Form 71Mach1 93FleetWB 04Cum
Digital Dash/Programmable Tach/Shift Light Install Location

I've been playing with making a progressive/programmable shift light/tach to use with my digital dash TA (I wanted similar colors to the stock setup). I have a reason to redo it so I'm looking for better ideas how to mount it, different mount shape or a different location for it.

This is how it was installed before, with some pics of how it was made and fitted. I like the location, it's in a good spot to see while driving, but there are a few small things that bother me about it:
- the whole dash is slightly crooked in the car relative to the steering wheel making this mount look like it's crooked when it's dead nuts straight.
- there just isn't that much room between the top of the steering column and the bottom of the gauges, so by the time you make it fit it overlaps the openings for the factory gauges slightly.

Old 11-01-2017, 10:37 AM
Supreme Member

Received 298 Likes on 234 Posts
Car: 92 Firebird
Engine: 4.8 LR4
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.45 9 Bolt
Re: Digital Dash/Programmable Tach/Shift Light Install Location

Off the top of my head,
put it above the gauges, in the recess of the dash carrier in the first picture. It would be almost completely hidden from anyones eyes looking in.
OR put it in the defrost vent and have it work like an HUD, or maybe in the edge of the speaker grille for the same effect.
Old 11-13-2017, 10:25 AM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Digital Dash/Programmable Tach/Shift Light Install Location

I ant one of these. You should sell me one

Search this Thread