LTX and LSX Putting LT1s, LS1s, and their variants into Third Gens is becoming more popular. This board is for those who are doing and have done the swaps so they can discuss all of their technical aspects including repairs, swap info, and performance upgrades.

ultimate ca emissions lt1 swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 04:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ultimate ca emissions lt1 swap

Let me start by saying there are a lot of different ways to do every swap i wanted to have as many advantages as possible.

My thoughts

I want to go with afr heads, the 195s are ca emissions legal for 1992-1994 engines I guess not after 94 because the switch from obd1 to obd2. I want to run maf instead of speed density so this rules out 92-93, I also want to run dual cats this brings me to a 1994 y body engine.

My plan is to run these headers, https://m.summitracing.com/parts/hok-2061-1hkr they might require a tubular k member but i have heard of a few guys using c4 shortys with good results. These cats, https://m.summitracing.com/parts/mpe-332106 they still meet the new amended list of approved cats in ca. Since the smog ***** give free reign from the cats back i can run the hooker blackheart true duals and crossmember.

Of course since the refs have probably seen a few f body lt1 swaps they might look upon this as not right or legal but if it is proven that the engine is out of a 1994 vett ie vin as well as the block casting # of zwa.

In lt1 block casting #s z = corvette, w = 1994 and a or b = auto or manual respectively.

In the end i will have the best of everything "aftermarket heads obd1" "maf spfi" "headers, sounds obvious but f body lt1 headers will not fit a third gen" and dual cats with true duals.
Old 05-25-2017, 08:52 PM
Supreme Member

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Car: 67 ******mobile
Engine: 385 Solid roller
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 4.11
Re: ultimate ca emissions lt1 swap

Dougs makes nice shorties for the LTx C4 check on the fbody?
I doubt if the smog guys gonna ck what year its from
If the emission stuff is there you should be ok. Catbacks arent a big deal
Not hard to get 400 to the tire and pass Ca smog with the LTx.