LTX and LSX Putting LT1s, LS1s, and their variants into Third Gens is becoming more popular. This board is for those who are doing and have done the swaps so they can discuss all of their technical aspects including repairs, swap info, and performance upgrades.

Psi Wiring harness NEED HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Psi Wiring harness NEED HELP!!

I'm towards the end of my LS1 swap into my 91 pontiac firebird. The car started out with a v6 mated to a 7004R transmission, it now has a lm7 from a 2004 silverado 1500 and a 4l60e transmission. I had difficulty finding a wiring harness to modify that was drive by cable so I ended up purchasing a PSI harness in order to make things easier, here is the link to what I have. https://www.psiconversion.com/produc.../HAR-1090.html
I have it all wired up, I followed pockets guide to prep my old harness and have attached it to the C100 location where it went originally. I have everything plugged in and the battery in, but I currently have no power to any of the body harness. The orginal harness has power in it in the engine bay, the new harness has power in it in the engine bay as well but nothing has power inside the car. I can't seem to figure it out, I believe it is probably something really simple and I just don't know. This is my first engine swap and I am not great with wiring, at least not yet. My dad and I were supposed to do this but he passed away 2 years ago now and I'm trying to finish but I'm lost at this point.
Old 11-22-2018, 02:19 PM

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts
Car: 86 Sport Coupe
Engine: 5.3 LM7
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 4th gen 3.42 posi
Re: Psi Wiring harness NEED HELP!!

Originally Posted by Ls_91firebird
I'm towards the end of my LS1 swap into my 91 pontiac firebird. The car started out with a v6 mated to a 7004R transmission, it now has a lm7 from a 2004 silverado 1500 and a 4l60e transmission. I had difficulty finding a wiring harness to modify that was drive by cable so I ended up purchasing a PSI harness in order to make things easier, here is the link to what I have. https://www.psiconversion.com/produc.../HAR-1090.html
I have it all wired up, I followed pockets guide to prep my old harness and have attached it to the C100 location where it went originally. I have everything plugged in and the battery in, but I currently have no power to any of the body harness. The orginal harness has power in it in the engine bay, the new harness has power in it in the engine bay as well but nothing has power inside the car. I can't seem to figure it out, I believe it is probably something really simple and I just don't know. This is my first engine swap and I am not great with wiring, at least not yet. My dad and I were supposed to do this but he passed away 2 years ago now and I'm trying to finish but I'm lost at this point.
Do you have the power terminals attached to the starter from the c100 harness? Power runs through those and into the cabin. Also make sure the 1/4 nut for the connector to the firewall is tight. It might not be making a good connection there.
Old 11-22-2018, 05:27 PM
COTM Editor

Received 1,855 Likes on 1,270 Posts
Car: '89 Firebird
Engine: 7.0L
Transmission: T56
Re: Psi Wiring harness NEED HELP!!

Pretty much the whole car is powered by two red wires that go through c100. Trace those back to the source in the engine bay, and like Matt said, one is probably still loose.

Last edited by QwkTrip; 11-22-2018 at 05:30 PM.