New 1992 RS, Meet RedBlue92 - Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Members Camaros Post pictures and information about your Third Gen Sport Coupe, Berlinetta, LT, RS, Z28, and IROC-Z28 Camaros!

New 1992 RS, Meet RedBlue92

Old 08-13-2017, 12:13 AM   #1
Want a title? Post!

Car: 1992 Camaro RS
Engine: 305 TBI
Transmission: Auto

New 1992 RS, Meet RedBlue92

Hey guys, i've been trotting around these forums for a few years now, This and a Chiltons book will be my map to making this happen

So i bought a 1992 RS With 305 TBI, No T-Tops, Exhaust is Cat Then straight back it was well taken car of for her 180,000 Miles bought for a high 2500 bucks, NO RUST

Original color is Dark Teal, now its red, with the hood blisters painted black, Sun faded and the front has hit too many curbs, with a crack in the front bumper, i want to return this to factory specs, not a full restore just a engine swap and some bodywork/paint of Dark Teal

This is kinda a Secret project for me and my father, he has never owned a new car and i want to give this to him as a "New" car, He thinks its mine and im the main driver of it currently

My plan is to collect parts as i go, this wont be a 1 month project, i suspect a year this will take and i need all your help, when and if you can of course

I dont want to beat this 180k mile engine, i can feel the power loss cause shes old, i plan to take care of this engine

BUT i plan to collect parts for a new engine as i go, like, one month i get the Heads, the next month the cam, catch my drift? But i got a problem as im starting, Would it be easier to just get a JEGS/Summit L03 Crate Engine? Like these

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/n...8296/overview/
http://www.jegs.com/i/Chevrolet-Perf...18296/10002/-1
http://www.jegs.com/p/Chevrolet-Perf...49709/10002/-1

Or would this cause problems?, im not sure how it would, all the other pieces are easy to get, I need your guy's input before i go buying big parts

Also sorry for the horrible sentence/paragraph layout and unholy amount of Commas, its midnight right now
RedBlue1992 is offline vBGarage Page   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Third Generation F-Body Message Boards > >