Members Camaros Post pictures and information about your Third Gen Sport Coupe, Berlinetta, LT, RS, Z28, and IROC-Z28 Camaros!

91 Camaro Intellitronix Gauge Cluster Install

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 09:02 PM

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Car: 91 Z28
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: 5 Speed
Axle/Gears: G92 (3.42)
91 Camaro Intellitronix Gauge Cluster Install

Hey everyone since there’s not much info out there on installing these in the 91-92 camaros I figured I would share what I was doing. So I took the cluster out of my dash and removed all the factory gauges and bulbs but left two of the bulbs in for the check engine light and for the oil light.

As you can see here some modification was needed to get the new circuit board to fit perfect. Had to cut down the tach mounts the center gauge mounts(oil,battery,temp...) and the some trimming in the warning light locations was also needed.

So in the instructions which are very vague you use three of the shorter spacer and the flush mounting screws with nuts to mount the smoked lense to the circuit board.

NOTE** also wanted to mention I put two grommets on each of the far side back lighting bulb sockets. One to run the program switch wire through for the speedo and the other side for the rest of the connections.

ALSO** this may be obvious but to help people out if they don’t know the light on off pull **** must be in the on position when you depress the release button in order to remove it. I also disconnected my battery for this.

Thanks there will be more pics and info to come!!
Old 10-11-2017, 07:54 AM

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Car: 91 Z28
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: 5 Speed
Axle/Gears: G92 (3.42)
Re: 91 Camaro Intellitronix Gauge Cluster Install

Sorry for not updating.
I went ahead and installed some wiring harness connectors to my cluster and dash after installing it I changed temp sender but my speedo won’t work due to when the original cluster burnt up it fried the wire so I ordered the gps speedo sender from intellitronix as well. Other than that the gauges work flawlessly and the tach works exact now. I’ll get some pics later.