Mid-West Region Regional message board for WI, IL, IA, MI, MO, and MN to organize gatherings, meetings, and to help each other out.

Uh can someone help me?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 01:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: '85 Camaro
Engine: LG4 305
Transmission: T-5
Uh can someone help me?

I am making mistakes and I wanna stop before it gets stupid.

The guy at the emissions repair shop said my carb was junk. I looked at a couple of shops and they both wanted around $300 to do rebuild it. I went to Pep Boys and the "rebuild kit" was only $30. So I figure I'll get a book and do it myself.

I get the book and start disassembling it and I get lost trying to label the stuff.

I have gone to the junkyard and gotten another carb, only the fuel entry point is different. No big deal since I had to replace the fuel line from the pump anyway.

Can someone help me put this stuff back together? I have the fuel line, the replacement carb, and filter. I don't want to take it to a shop because I won't learn anything that way.

The car is in the garage and I've got a heater so we shouldn't have any problems working.

Any help is appreciated. Let me know what it takes to help, and if I can swing it you got it.

Thanks,
Old 01-15-2004, 06:08 AM
ede
TGO Supporter

you have the book and you saw it come apart what else you need? there aren't that many parts in a carb and the kit should of came with a schematic and instructions.
Old 01-15-2004, 07:53 AM

I guess you're right. I've never done this stuff before, and I was gettin a bit scared is all.
Old 01-15-2004, 08:12 AM
ede
TGO Supporter

besides you already have another carb and your cars running right? if you mess up you aren't going ot be out anythnig but your time
Old 01-15-2004, 09:46 AM

The part that was really getting me was not putting the old carb back together. I was really stumped by how to bend the fuel line. I think what I need to do is take the alternator off and route it then put the alternator back on.