Mid-West Region Regional message board for WI, IL, IA, MI, MO, and MN to organize gatherings, meetings, and to help each other out.

New guy from Southern Indiana.

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1992 25th Anniv. RS T-Tops
Engine: 305 TBI - POS
Transmission: Stock Auto -?
Axle/Gears: stock - ?
New guy from Southern Indiana.

Hello all, new member here, I'll tell ya a little about myself.

My name is Jonthan, and I turn 19 in February. I hate all the little import cars, I love old school American Muscle, Chevy/GMC all the way. I guess that comes from living for a year with my uncle, who has 5 old impalas, a 67', 68', two 69's and two 70's. He also has a 68' and 69' Caprice. Anyways, I got the Chevy bug from him.

While I was in high school I bought a 1992 RS Camaro, 25th Anniversary Edition for $2500. It ran great, an aftermarket exhaust that the guy said was flowmaster, I didn't care really, it sounded mean. He had wrecked the car, and the front end was a tiny bit beat up, not bad, just the rubbery plastic was cracked, and the front little airdam was all scraped up. Then I hit a fence with it, and put a big *** dent infront of the passenger side front tire. Then my neighbor backed into me and put a dent on my drive door, but it was relatively small.

So, as you can tell, my car has had an abusive history, lol. My plans for the car are a complete LS1 implant, suspension, engine, everything from a LS1 4th gen. I was going to do a Corvette swap first, but some research showed me that took a LOT more machine work, fabrication, etc. to get it all to fit than the LS1 swap did, and there are kits for the LS1 swap.

Anyways, I don't have any picture, but I do have a video of me doing a burnout the day I graduated highschool. Feel free to post some comments there or here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y4ztee2mhk

BTW, thats the Chevy obsessed uncle videoing it, and the previous owner put the stupid R SPORT stickers on the door, I plan on removing those.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:55 AM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 88 V6 'bird/89TBI bird/85 T/A
Engine: 2.8/TBI/TPI
Transmission: V8 T-5/700R4 x2
Axle/Gears: 3.42 open/2.73 open/ 3.27 9 bolt
Re: New guy from Southern Indiana.

Where in southern Indiana? I used to live in Vincennes...
Old 01-21-2009, 12:31 PM

Car: 1992 25th Anniv. RS T-Tops
Engine: 305 TBI - POS
Transmission: Stock Auto -?
Axle/Gears: stock - ?

I live in New Albany, right across the Ohio River from Louisville, Ky.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:21 AM

SpecialK, I live up in Terre Haute most of the year. I also have a 92 RS, although I've ditched the 305 and auto in favor of a 355 and a WCT5. Nice looking burnout. I have a set of rims with some old road racing tires on them that I throw on to smoke from time to time. One time a couple of my friends were in the car, and remarked how easlily the car seemed to spin the tires. I replied, "We'll I'm pretty sure that is one of the tests a camaro has to pass before it leaves the factory."

Anyway, my car has also been wrecked. Before I bought it a few years ago, the previous owner had a front end collision where the front bumper and front driver's side quarter were replaced. There's also a small dent int the door fromt the same accident that was never fixed. Unfortuately the paint didn't match quite right and they didn't get the paint to stick to the plastic bumper very well, so there's a little peeling going on there. Oh well, my parents are planning to have my car repainted as a college graduation present. I'm stoked!

If you're ever in the mood for some cone dodging (autocross/scca solo II), there's a good group that has them about once a month over in Lawrenceville, IL. The events are held at the airport. I'm usually the only f-body there, but there's always enough people to work the course and never too many where you don't get at least 6 runs. If you've never tried it before, it's quite an experience. Check out SIRSCCA.org. Unfortunately they don't have their 2009 schedule up yet.

I know what you mean about having a disdain for the imports. I love putting down faster autocross times than them in a big, heavy f-body. Although, I will say they are starting to grow on me a little, at least the ones that are tastefully done. A good friend of mine has a Acura Integra with a M45 eaton supercharger on it. I was pretty surprised the first time I rode in it with him...the vtec combined with 7 psi of boost is a good time! It's too bad the car is front wheel drive. To me that takes alot of the fun out of it.

Anyway, welcome to the site!

Last edited by rhit_rs; 01-27-2009 at 01:21 AM. Reason: typo