Northern Great Plains and Rocky Mountain Regional Board for Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska, Utah, Wyoming, Montana and the Dakotas.

New On Here

Old 11-30-2014, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 92 Camaro RS
New On Here

Just thought I would take a second to introduce myself since Ive been spending the last month or so lurking in the shadows here trying to learn as much as I can before I went posting stuff thats been covered thousands of times. Well my name is Ray from Rapid City, SD, and I picked up a pretty mint 1992 Camaro RS its a 305TBI/700R4 car, that I bought from the original owner with only 74,xxx miles on the clock. It runs and drives like a champ for what it is. It has been taken very good care of, however has typical wear and tear like door dings few paint chips on the front bumper cover and the headliner sags a little on the passenger side. It is missing the front ground effects the privious owner said he got too close to the curb, and the only rust on the thing is a nickle size spot of surface rust over the drivers side wheel well that Im going to have taken care off when I have the whole car painted. The good news that is literally the only rust I can find nothing on the lower firewall, floors are perfect, under the car is spotless I found a true gem. Over all very happy with the car.

Now onto the plans but dont expect this to happen all over night because its not going however Im not going to turn into one of those "I just bought a new camaro and I want 300000000hp but I want to do this cheap as possible and i need to drive it 300 miles a day with no issues.... oh that wont work I will just sell it then" kind of people. I have a solid plan set out for the car and I will stick with it. If I cant afford it then it will wait until I can do it and do it right.

First thing I want to do is swap the LO3 out for a LO5 then following that will be a T56 conversion. I will most likely throw a set of headers on and do the exhaust but leave it like that. I want to go threw and completely upgrade the suspension, brakes and rear end. Fully adjustable suspension, tubular front crossmember. big brakes front and rear, Im looking at the drop in Moser 12 bolt that hawks sells with some 4.10 gears. Not 100% sure on wheel and tire set up but Im really leaning towards a ZO6 replica wheel from a C6 18x9.5 front 18x10.5 rear with something sticky for rubber. Once Im completely sure Im happy with how the car handles, and stops will I worry about any kind of performance upgrades however when it comes time to pull the LO5 back out for a build Im thinking 383 stroker(forged), at least a 215cfm set of aluminum heads, an aggressive roller cam. Maybe once I get bored with that some kind of power adder but thats up in the air.

Im wanting to keep the looks fairly simple and basic, dropped around 1.5-2", 4" cowl, 5" hawks spoiler,tinted windows, and of course fresh paint. Im really digging the factory teal some Im keeping it but adding just a touch of flake. Same lines with the interior I do want to swap over to black interior, add a dakota digital gauge cluster, small stereo system, racing seats in the front with harness, and a 8pt cage thats painted to match the car.

Anyways enough about my hopes and dreams here are some pics of the car as it sits now.
Name:  20141009_131251_zpsxvyk58ha.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  82.5 KB
Name:  FB_IMG_1412882067241_zpsijtl0fbv.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  80.9 KB
Name:  FB_IMG_1412784776756_zpsxbpycm07.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  38.1 KB

And the only thing I have had time to do to the car with having a newborn and just getting married is install a aftermarket CD player. The car still had the factory radio which was on its last leg so I installed a Sony headunit and new Kicker speakers all the way around.
Name:  20141018_131659_zps1nzcmfgr.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  69.1 KB

Search this Thread