NW Indiana and South Chicago Suburb Looking for club members to have gatherings, cruises, and to help each other out.

NWI wheel alignment shop?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 02:54 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 92 RS, 05 GTO (sold), 10 TL AWD
Engine: 383 HSR w/DSC1
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: Strange S60/3.73
NWI wheel alignment shop?

I need to bring my car in to an alignment shop once I finally get it plated again. The car now has the Founder's Performance adj strut mounts. What shops in NWI would be recommended to align it? Everything on this car is adjustable now so I don't want just anybody doing a craptastic job in-between jobs on a 12 year old Grand Am and a busted Caravan with plastic bags for windows......
Old 12-31-2016, 09:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 91 GTA, 91 Formula, 89 TTA
Engine: all 225+ RWHP
Transmission: all OD
Axle/Gears: Always the good ones
Re: NWI wheel alignment shop?

I had a good dude at NTB in Merrilvile, but he went back to Sears at Southlake(NTB came from Sears). I cannot verify if he is there or not.

After that I am not sure around here.

None of that stuff makes it hard to align in particular, you just need someone who actually understands alignments in the first place.

(adj. strut mounts make me laugh since they were adjustable from the factory(just no as much))

I will ask one thing that will make everyone's life easier. Have you had the car in the air and used a plumb bob to make sure what is there already is squarely installed? Adj. panhard bar, control arms etc?
Old 12-31-2016, 10:55 AM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 92 RS, 05 GTO (sold), 10 TL AWD
Engine: 383 HSR w/DSC1
Axle/Gears: Strange S60/3.73

Originally Posted by 3.8TransAM
I had a good dude at NTB in Merrilvile, but he went back to Sears at Southlake(NTB came from Sears). I cannot verify if he is there or not.

After that I am not sure around here.

None of that stuff makes it hard to align in particular, you just need someone who actually understands alignments in the first place.

(adj. strut mounts make me laugh since they were adjustable from the factory(just no as much))

I will ask one thing that will make everyone's life easier. Have you had the car in the air and used a plumb bob to make sure what is there already is squarely installed? Adj. panhard bar, control arms etc?
FLP got it as straight as they could, I didn't have the car plated so they couldn't get it aligned for me at the time they had it. I went with the founders adj camber plates since the old mounts were shot and they are much stiffer then the stamped pieces. I can't run a strut tower brace since I have the HSR. Camber adjustment is a bonus since its dropped
Old 05-15-2017, 04:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1984 camaro berlinetta
Engine: v8

if you are still looking there is a guy in Rensselaer, IN that does custom alignments, i think around $100 but id have to double check it might be cheaper. i know not all alignment shops will do anything thats not the book spec, this guy will do others but under the understanding that he is not responsible for added wear to parts and what not. he has laser alignment system, and i know a lot of the deisel truck guys go to him. i will try to get a number in the next couple days if you like.
Old 05-16-2017, 09:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 91 GTA, 91 Formula, 89 TTA
Engine: all 225+ RWHP
Transmission: all OD
Axle/Gears: Always the good ones

Thanks for the heads up on that Nater!
Old 05-16-2017, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1984 camaro berlinetta
Engine: v8

you're welcome i may not get into town today but later this week i should be for sure so i will double check on a number and whatnot.