Chicagoland OBD-1 Tuners? - Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

NW Indiana and South Chicago Suburb Looking for club members to have gatherings, cruises, and to help each other out.

Chicagoland OBD-1 Tuners?

Old 06-16-2017, 11:46 AM   #1

Car: 1987 IROC Z28
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: TKO 600
Axle/Gears: 3.45 (G92 package)

Chicagoland OBD-1 Tuners?

Hi Everyone,

Anyone know someone who has the equipment to burn me a PROM? My friend had a falling out with someone who had the knowledge and equipment. I'd like to tune my car. I'm not looking for a slap-on chip. I want my car tuned just like at a speed shop.

Kent
oddscrounger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 05:07 PM   #2

Car: 91 GTA, 91 Formula, 89 TTA
Engine: all 225+ RWHP
Transmission: all OD
Axle/Gears: Always the good ones

Re: Chicagoland OBD-1 Tuners?

I can, Jeremy out of South Bend can.

Ideally you want someone who can get it on a dyno and work on timing and fuel and idle.

Then go thru the motions on the street and datalogging to clean up issues that always tend to occur.

I have zero time for my own projects let alone anyone else's.

FYI is you call around for anything involving a chip no one in the area will touch it.

If I was doing it all over again I would look at RBobs stuff. Best stuff out there is using stock style ecm hands down.
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:37 AM   #3

Car: 1987 IROC Z28
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: TKO 600
Axle/Gears: 3.45 (G92 package)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.8TransAM View Post
I can, Jeremy out of South Bend can.

Ideally you want someone who can get it on a dyno and work on timing and fuel and idle.

Then go thru the motions on the street and datalogging to clean up issues that always tend to occur.

I have zero time for my own projects let alone anyone else's.

FYI is you call around for anything involving a chip no one in the area will touch it.

If I was doing it all over again I would look at RBobs stuff. Best stuff out there is using stock style ecm hands down.
Thanks for replying man. You kind of guys are few and far between. And I hear ya on the time thing... I just had a daughter so none of this will be happening anytime soon.

I could probably spend a good year of studying and learn how to do this on my own.

Right now I have the stock ECM and stock chip... have a hypertech superchip laying around somewhere that I took out because... just because... LOL

I have friends in Hammond and Crown Point so if you're ever willing to meet up sometime and check out my ride, holler at me.
oddscrounger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 04:59 PM   #4
Supreme Member

Car: 92 RS, 05 GTO (sold), 10 TL AWD
Engine: 383 HSR w/DSC1
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: Strange S60/3.73

Modern Muscle did some tuning for my car back when it had a 730 ecm. I had to loan him my Moates chip burner to do it, but they got it done. Might contact them and see if they would do that again. Then again, the holley efi setup or something similar might just be easier to learn and worth the investment for future mods if you intend to stay SBC with fuel injection. The holley HP setup I have is real nice to work with
1992rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Third Generation F-Body Message Boards >