Power Adders Getting a Supercharger or Turbocharger? Thinking about using Nitrous? All forced induction and N2O topics discussed here.

Okay, Dodge Wins the Production Power Adder Game...

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 05:12 PM
Supreme Member

Received 748 Likes on 507 Posts
Car: 1989-92 FORMULA350 305 92 Hawkclone
Engine: 4++,350 & 305 CIs
Transmission: 700R4 4800 vig 18th700R4 t56 ZF6 T5
Axle/Gears: 3.70 9"ford alum chunk,dana44,9bolt
Re: Okay, Dodge Wins the Production Power Adder Game...

Still takes a huge set of ***** to write a check that big for a car.
Old 06-04-2017, 08:07 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Car: 87 IROC
Engine: 350
Transmission: auto
Axle/Gears: 3.23

^^^^^^agree with bought not built. Even if I had the means to buy a modern supercar, I'm not sure I would. There's just something about building a car in the garage. The all night weekend wrenching, the discontent with your significant other, the blood sweat and tears... And then taking what you've built and putting the beat down on some overpaid yuppie(does anybody even use that term anymore, lol), or the spoiled rich kid in their showroom hotrod. I've been doing a lot of research lately on turbo ls builds(wanna do a twin setup sometime in the wife's avalanche ). There's a bunch of "low budget" backyard builds on yellow bullet that would show the taillights to the demon. And a friend of mine has a built 300m that puts over a thousand HP to the ground. Of course he's got about 40k in it, but still built not bought. Gotta give props to dodge tho!

Last edited by zya5point0; 06-04-2017 at 08:09 PM. Reason: punctuation
Old 06-05-2017, 10:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 1984 z28
Transmission: Viper prepped LT1 T56
Axle/Gears: strange s60 4:10 locker

Originally Posted by zya5point0
^^^^^^agree with bought not built. Even if I had the means to buy a modern supercar, I'm not sure I would. There's just something about building a car in the garage. The all night weekend wrenching, the discontent with your significant other, the blood sweat and tears... And then taking what you've built and putting the beat down on some overpaid yuppie(does anybody even use that term anymore, lol), or the spoiled rich kid in their showroom hotrod. I've been doing a lot of research lately on turbo ls builds(wanna do a twin setup sometime in the wife's avalanche ). There's a bunch of "low budget" backyard builds on yellow bullet that would show the taillights to the demon. And a friend of mine has a built 300m that puts over a thousand HP to the ground. Of course he's got about 40k in it, but still built not bought. Gotta give props to dodge tho!
i use the term yuppie daily lol your not alone!! I would never buy a car that expensive my self personally, I'll have 25ish in !y third gen and it'll out do that demon in every category.