Power Adders Getting a Supercharger or Turbocharger? Thinking about using Nitrous? All forced induction and N2O topics discussed here.

3.1l Crank Pulley size and is it pinned

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 10:10 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
3.1l Crank Pulley size and is it pinned

I helped to design a couple of forced inductions kits for the C5 and was looking at this V6 bird and was contemplating and "up pipe" single turbo design for use with the stock manifolds. But I was also looking at the amount of room upfront and noticing that a nice big D1 or Vortech could be placed on the passenger side near the front of the alternator.

I could mill out a bracket but was looking at the crank pulley and thinking it would be easy to either weld or buy another pulley to add the additional ribs to drive the blower. ATI makes a cam locking at on pulley to the stock dampener. Look.

https://www.procharger.com/legacy/su...loded_view.jpg

I thought I would check in here first to see if anybody knows the size of the stock pulley and or if anybody knows where to buy an aftermarket pulley that already has the stock size diameter to drive the accessories plus the added pulley to drive a blower.

Also if the stock pulley on the V6 is keyed/pinned. On L98 motors and other SBC Chevy's they are keyed. On the LSx they are not and need to be pinned. Not sure about the V6 60*.

Thanks
Old 08-23-2017, 12:08 PM

Received 215 Likes on 201 Posts
Car: check
Engine: check
Transmission: check
Re: 3.1l Crank Pulley size and is it pinned

The damper is keyed same as a SBC.

RBob.
Old 08-24-2017, 01:15 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: 3.1l Crank Pulley size and is it pinned

Thanks for confirming. I was just looking at ATI's Procharger setup for their older 85-93 V6 Mustangs and noted that they mounted the blower very low on the passenger side. I think it might be possible to do the same for the V6 3.1l underneath the smog pump pulley. It would basically go between the crank and smog pump pullies. I have to borrow a blower from my friends Vette shop and see what I need to do to mock up the location and setup. Just seeing what space I can use up front and not have to remove a bunch of accessories that are on the car.

Just clicked on the link your sig. It's nice to see a flashable ECM for these cars. Once I get setup whether it be turbo or SC I will have to inquire with you about using a 2Bar MAP tune.