Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Auto Detailing and Appearance (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/auto-detailing-appearance/)
-   -   Check this car out I came across (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/auto-detailing-appearance/361986-check-car-out-i.html)

shawn18jgr 05-03-2006 02:37 AM

Check this car out I came across

Not sure what I think about it. But its very interesting...So I thought I would post it.
Y-Gen - 3rd Gen

Agent13 05-03-2006 04:29 AM

Not my style. I must admit I'm suprised he kept the early style bumpers and tailights.

Giovannetti 05-03-2006 04:46 AM

yeah i agree....also not my style. I like the color scheme but i cant stand the stickers of different companies all over the car

JAYDUBB 05-03-2006 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by shawn18jgr
Not sure what I think about it. But its very interesting...So I thought I would post it.
Y-Gen - 3rd Gen

Ewwwww!

Brisk 05-03-2006 07:19 AM

hey thats not too bad at all.. looks like a serious car. I mean, look at all the appearances etc. I don't care for the rear wing thou..

GICATA 05-03-2006 07:32 AM

I'm not too sure about the colored wheels and the stickers along the bottom...but the rycer wing is ugly. Really not bad for a kids car.

Jim85IROC 05-03-2006 07:42 AM

Horrible looking car, but a very good example of what some elbow grease and a smart budget can get you.

Karps TA 05-03-2006 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Jim85IROC
Horrible looking car.

I'll just stick with that.

GodSpeedGTA 05-03-2006 08:43 AM

ditch the wing...stupid RED wheels and it wouldnt be that bad of a ride...it would def be worth looking at .....WHAT A STUPID SPOILER GAHHHHHHHHH what are people thinking

CrazyHawaiian 05-03-2006 09:50 AM

Man this is going to sound harsh but considering the first "purpose" which was to "to showcase the current young generation's race car styling ideas..." I think they failed. To me it does not resemble any of the "newer generation" styles out there. Sad to say because there is obviously alot of work that went into the project. I think if they focused on the original GT style the current young generation is trying to duplicate they would have done alot better. Seems maybe they focused too much on someones interpretation of the GT style and it just went wrong. Bright red wheels? C'mon now ...

Karps TA 05-03-2006 09:57 AM

Now I know what it reminds me of. It makes me think of like some Matchbox/Hot wheels Superhero themed car.

cooltc2004 05-03-2006 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by CrazyHawaiian
Man this is going to sound harsh but considering the first "purpose" which was to "to showcase the current young generation's race car styling ideas..." I think they failed. To me it does not resemble any of the "newer generation" styles out there. Sad to say because there is obviously alot of work that went into the project. I think if they focused on the original GT style the current young generation is trying to duplicate they would have done alot better. Seems maybe they focused too much on someones interpretation of the GT style and it just went wrong. Bright red wheels? C'mon now ...

:iagree:

firebirdjosh 05-03-2006 10:08 AM

Red wheels absolutely kill the look. I would have left off the redish orange stripes as well. If those companies didn't require stickers for some form of contribution to the car then the kids an idiot for putting them on.

Jim85IROC 05-03-2006 10:14 AM

well, yeah, we all agree it's ugly.

But let's look at it from another angle. The car is a good example of what level of quality you can get on a modest budget. They have a mid 12 second car with very good (albiet uglier than a sack of smashed bungholes) body and paint work.

Take away all that ugly crap, and you've got what could be a great example of what $15k and some elbow greast can get you.

Xlr8torZ28 05-03-2006 10:26 AM

MAN!!! that car was styled after the 1985 Camaro concept. I am not talking about the IROC one. There was a yellow concept car GM put out in 1985... I have a huge picture of one I will try to find and post it... it had like the 91-92 style ground effects, a 4th gen trans am wing, 93-97 Camaro style front end... They developed alot off of that protoytpe.

Karps TA 05-03-2006 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Jim85IROC
well, yeah, we all agree it's ugly.

But let's look at it from another angle. The car is a good example of what level of quality you can get on a modest budget. They have a mid 12 second car with very good (albiet uglier than a sack of smashed bungholes) body and paint work.

Take away all that ugly crap, and you've got what could be a great example of what $15k and some elbow greast can get you.

Take away all the ugly crap and you have what under $10K can get you.

The most expensive part of building a car is not planning and doing it right the first time. Learning from mistakes is what costs all the money.

GodSpeedGTA 05-03-2006 11:17 AM

this is just another example of tasteless automobile creation...i think it pretty much started with the early 90s as well as fast and the furious...i just dont understand how people can look at these vehicles and say "That looks good"

i think some people really need to take a step back and look at their vehicles and think how it really looks? I think alot of it deals with people with NO artistic ability whatsoever getting ahold of cars and wanting to add "style" and customization...you exploit beautiful body lines...NOT BREAK THEM UP with a stupid looking body kit that doesnt fit your car right

i remember when i first got my GTA i had a couple of ideas for it that when i look back now and think about it...it would have been a bad idea and looked stupid...i think people just get these little ideas and then go with it before thinking about how its actually going to look

CDN_87IROC 05-03-2006 11:36 AM

A young kid, learning to work on cars. I prefer it to just having Dad buy him a new Mustang. I give him a thumbs up!

3.8TransAM 05-03-2006 11:52 AM

hehe

His dad is Jeff Scwarz and they have a shop somehwere in the chicago suburbs.

Remember the insanely fast Olds powered Cadillac or the Ultima GTP from the magazines.

thems his daddies.

later
Jeremy

Mr. TurboTA 05-03-2006 12:28 PM

To each his own.
I wouldn't want it, but someone would.
At least he didn't go all out r*ce!
I mean, I don't like the Vette Pace Car, with the Purple paint, and bright yellow wheels, but they (Chevy) did sell them all, and alot of people like them.
After all, the kid is 16. More power to him!

George:cool:

Gr89RS 05-03-2006 03:25 PM

I respect the work in it being that he is 16 and I am as well, but I agree with the majority in that he could have done things a little differently and ended up with a real work of art...oh well :rolleyes:

Camaroguy18 05-03-2006 03:29 PM

I dont even remember seeing that at carcraft last year....must have overlooked it

I like his interior (gauges, wheel etc)...but thats pretty much it

7plagues 05-03-2006 03:35 PM

eh....ive seen worse and better

BlueZee28 05-03-2006 04:15 PM

he doesn't seem too enthused next to Miss Car Craft if you ask me :lol: :lol: :idiot:

KWIK84 05-03-2006 04:17 PM

Would have looked much better with black wheels IMO. I do have to give credit for a 16 yr old building it up though, even though it does sound like he was kind of born into it. At least it was some good father son time. That was one of the favorite things about building my first car.

robertfrank 05-03-2006 05:11 PM

WOW!!!!! IT'S RAIF'S CAR FROM AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE!!!! LOL

kaptinkafeen 05-03-2006 05:39 PM

In my humble opinion,
if the variety of decals were removed and the wing was a bit smaller I wouldn't mind it. The colour combo isn't bad. The car looks more like road racer as opposed to a 1/4 mile terror...
Good work for a 16y-old. I wonder how he financed all that work. GOod for him. I remember when I was at that age - boy did I ever have to rub my pennies together and hold back on a lot of fun to acheive my goals. I guess that's what makes us appreciate the hard work that guys put into their rides....:burnout:

BADNBLK 05-03-2006 06:00 PM

There is an article in Street Thunder magazine, about this car. The pics above make the car look really nice. The car is not as tasteful as I would normally associate with a high quality third gen build, but to each there own. Almost like the only magazines the kid reads are import tuner type mags for styling insperation. At least its fast.

92RS(real slow) 05-03-2006 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by BlueZee28
he doesn't seem too enthused next to Miss Car Craft if you ask me :lol: :lol: :idiot:

:yup: i hate rich kids they make me sick heres all of us working like crazy just to keep our cars running, and then you got some 16 yr old punk using his daddies money to build a car.:mad: :2cents:

Demon355 05-03-2006 08:56 PM

Yuck.

He looks 12.

Gr89RS 05-03-2006 09:11 PM

Ok, you guys are getting a little off topic and almost crossing the line. Being 16 I somewhat take offense in what is being said, I've been working as hard as anyone for my car and any modifications I do. Attacking someone personally without knowing them is unfair and not cool.

:mad:

Demon355 05-03-2006 09:15 PM

I've been there too. I had my first T/A at age 17. Difference is, I had NO, ZERO, NILL money towards it. I had to scrounge just to get gas in the tank let alone mod it. What we're saying is, this kid has mommy and daddy to thank for the "care" and "work" that went into this "car". I think it looks ugly and I think that kid is just posing for the pictures. I wish I did know that kid so I could hate on him more. Whatever, I could care less...I'm done.

92RS(real slow) 05-03-2006 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Gr89RS
Ok, you guys are getting a little off topic and almost crossing the line. Being 16 I somewhat take offense in what is being said, I've been working as hard as anyone for my car and any modifications I do. Attacking someone personally without knowing them is unfair and not cool.

:mad:

there are exceptions Im only 18, and i have paided for my car, and everything on my car, and I bought it when I was 15 even before I had my permit so I know where your coming from. I probaly stepped over the line a little bit with my comment, but there are a lot of young kids who dont appreciate anything, and there parents pay for all there stuff, and i cant stand that. so sorry if I offened you:thumbsup:

darrel88 05-03-2006 10:27 PM

I'm interested in what kind of mods he has to run 12's.

BlueZee28 05-03-2006 10:32 PM

i dont want to go read it again, but i think it said it was a 5xx hp car? and it only runs 12's? :crazy:

shawn18jgr 05-04-2006 12:20 AM

Not saying I'm for or against it. You have to give the kid credit he did a great job on restoring it from its original state.

I also give him respect because it doesn't look like any other car I have ever seen.

Knyghtmare 05-04-2006 12:20 AM

"Mom & Dad Extreme Performance" is what it should say.

Credit given for the work, if he actually did do any of it. I dont understand why ugly cars win so many awards. Its not THAT bad, but just enough to be annoying.

Giovannetti 05-04-2006 12:33 AM

im a 320 horsepower car and run 12's....lol

GodSpeedGTA 05-04-2006 01:21 AM

i think that its "something" to be noted that this kid is only 16 (i can forgive him a little) and he posed for a couple of pics looking like he doesnt like women (maybe just shy) and helped spray some car parts which I can almost GAURANTEE at 16 yrs old thats ALL he did but i dont give him any credit as far as an overall product.

what he made is crappy looking, r1cey, and tasteless...i dont care if it runs 9s quarter miles it doesnt deserve any awards in my opinion...just b/c you put countless hours into something making it look "customized"/crappy (Different DOES NOT always equal cool) doesnt entitle you to deserving credit for building an awesome car BC YOU DIDNT...its like that camaro covered in the louie vaton or whatever its called with 22" rims getting tons of awards just because someone actually wasted 5-10 years of their life putting together an ugly car...you wont get my respect

and that doesnt only pertain to 16yr olds...plenty of people make UGLY cars
please people have some sense of taste and artistic ability and if you dont find someone who does or others who have already made sweet cars and follow their example with a few differences to make it your own

I know im never gonna just go out and do something to my car without seeing how it looks on someone elses or laying it out first to make sure it enhances my cars appearance and not degrates it

jeff350 05-04-2006 02:49 AM

Don't mind the red wheels but all the stickers and rear spoiler i don't like.
each to there own.

elky74 05-04-2006 03:44 AM

I wish I had the money that was put into it! The engine compartment is ok, but scrap ALL the red paint and that crappy wing and you might have a decent ride.

82firebird 05-04-2006 09:13 AM

I'll give the kid some credit- a 16 year old built that car! :nod:

19doug90 05-04-2006 05:04 PM

i like the spoiler, i find it really suits the car

the wheels are really all that are destroying that ride
someone ps some polished wheels on there or something

Orinackra 05-04-2006 05:47 PM

Helllooooo Miss Car Craft...oh wait, the car! :hmmm:
I liked the original black and gold color combo, and the red wheels and the spoiler are pretty ugly imo, but damn nice work for such a young kid.

phoenix305 05-04-2006 06:12 PM

i think that its "something" to be noted that this kid is only 16 (i can forgive him a little) and he posed for a couple of pics looking like he doesnt like women (maybe just shy) and helped spray some car parts which I can almost GAURANTEE at 16 yrs old thats ALL he did but i dont give him any credit as far as an overall product.
You're an idiot if you don't think a 16 year old can do that kind of work. By the time i was sixteen my 305 had been torn down rebuilt and was ready to take down lt1's, All done by me and only me. Don't knock him i bet he put alot of work into that car and i'm going to be the first to say that i like it. You guys should be a little less narrow minded.

Vaneat-91RS 05-04-2006 07:22 PM

:yup:

Yeah, I was going to say, just cause he's 16 doesn't mean he couldn't have done it. I was doing pretty serious body work at 14 in my dad's body shop. I didn't weld, but I could pull dents, smooth the body, bondo, lay primer, do final preps. I didn't get opportunity to lay paint, but I'm pretty sure I was capable of doing it if I'd had more time and a non-customer car to work on. as for engine and other stuff, a little guidance and most kids that age can do it. I know 3 or 4 right now in my youth group at church who do their own wrenching.

As for this car, the wing and wheels aren't my taste (I prefer subtle mods), but I like his willingness to work and to try different stuff. In a couple years he may outgrow the car and tear it all down and start again. And to that I say, go for it (sooner would be better,btw ;) ).

GodSpeedGTA 05-04-2006 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by phoenix305
You're an idiot if you don't think a 16 year old can do that kind of work. By the time i was sixteen my 305 had been torn down rebuilt and was ready to take down lt1's, All done by me and only me. Don't knock him i bet he put alot of work into that car and i'm going to be the first to say that i like it. You guys should be a little less narrow minded.

no apparently you cant read...i wrote i can ALMOST GAURANTEE that he didnt do all that work himself...9 out of 10 16 year olds can not do every trick of the trade at 16: body, paint, interior, electrical, tuning, audio etc... the point i was making is that in all those pics hes only doing miniscule stuff that a 10 year old could do and EVERY kid ive ever known that works on a resto car or whatever at 16yrs old does it WITH their dad meaning dad does almost all of the work and they help and learn which is great but you cant take credit for building the car yourself

the point is that 16 year old didnt build that entire car himself..and VERY few could..and ill bet if you were tearing down lt1s blah blah blah you werent fully restoring cars welding, painting, tuning, electrical etc. ...it takes YEARS to learn everything whether anyone likes it or not

oh and btw if you like it thats awesome...but once again there are plenty of cars that people put their entire lives into that look like crap ...thats like saying that a painting looks amazing (when its obviously terrible) just because someone spent 2 years painting it

blyth18md 05-04-2006 08:04 PM

Somebody should definately photshop that and see if the can clean it up a bit...

I think if the decals and wheels were silver or grey...and a the decals werent wrapped around the whole car..maybe a couple grouped on the front fender behind the wheel to keep the sponsers happy once again in a silver or grey color it would clean things up a bit.

Id drop the wing closer to the decklid if i had to keep it. might not be as effective but would look a lot cleaner.

1988CamaroSC 05-04-2006 08:13 PM

that wing and those wheels belong on a honda, perfect example on how to butcher a third gen, looks like that dude should have bought a civic. im glad i never fell into that import craze....

subliminal 05-04-2006 08:40 PM

Wow......That is the saddest thing ive ever seen in my life.