Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Third Generation F-Body Message Boards (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/)
-   Mid-Atlantic Region (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/mid-atlantic-region/)
-   -   Beginning Stage of a HUGE 3RD GEN MEET!!!a must read. (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/mid-atlantic-region/133585-beginning-stage-huge-3rd.html)

Mark A Shields 09-22-2002 11:16 AM

Beginning Stage of a HUGE 3RD GEN MEET!!!a must read.

.UPDATE!!!**!!! YOU CAN NOW CHECK OUT THIS WEB ADDRESS FOR UPDATES, ALSO ... Please email me at buffshields@yahoo.com so I can add you to my mailing list about updates, instead of only being able to PM 5 people at one time, gets a bit tiresome.
you'll have to right click properties and then copy and past the whole url, most likely if clickin the link doesn't work.
http://www.geocities.com/buffshields...ionals03.html?

This event will be held next yr, please look at the website for updates.
Will be a 3 day event, Fri/Sat/Sun , with Fri, being optional.

note to self... Cruisin OC 2003 on May 15, 16, 17 and 18, so I don't plan it on these dates

MetKiss316 09-22-2002 11:21 AM

As long as it isn't the same dates as the Carolina Auto Fest that happens at Charlotte Motor Speedway in the spring/fall. Other than that, I should be up to it. What kind of things are we talking about doing? Obviously we can't just sit around like a bunch of hippies for 48 hours LOL.

TBI305Camaro 09-22-2002 11:23 AM

Im in WV so MD sounds pretty good. Im on the far west side of WV so its still a good drive. I definetly would like to get together with a bunch of people from the boards and hang out. Im a lone 3rd gener around in huntington. Only one other guy Ive talked to with one and its a l98. Maybe you can do it during spring break?? Im not really sure when college lets out or when we have breaks or anything.

Mark A Shields 09-22-2002 11:24 AM

Originally posted by MetKiss316
As long as it isn't the same dates as the Carolina Auto Fest that happens at Charlotte Motor Speedway in the spring/fall. Other than that, I should be up to it. What kind of things are we talking about doing? Obviously we can't just sit around like a bunch of hippies for 48 hours LOL.
Yeah, we did the other day... LOL. I'm sure with over 100 3rd gens plus others, there will be plenty to talk about and the such.

MetKiss316 09-22-2002 11:52 AM

Originally posted by Mark A Shields
Yeah, we did the other day... LOL. I'm sure with over 100 3rd gens plus others, there will be plenty to talk about and the such.
Well i think a cruise and possibly a trip to the local strip would be a good start LOL.

1991tealRSt-topGuy 09-22-2002 12:10 PM

i like this idea....................how about south jersey somewhere.........springtime...........2 day event.......

Mark A Shields 09-22-2002 12:15 PM

Originally posted by 1991tealRSt-topGuy
i like this idea....................how about south jersey somewhere.........springtime...........2 day event.......
Then people from WV, some MD, NC, SC would be way too far. I see TomP drove to our meet ask him how the drive was, I'm sure can't be too bad or even PA. This way we can get a wide range of people to come.

brodyscamaro 09-22-2002 12:24 PM

burnout contest, if so i may make the 4000 mile round trip with my 8 mpg car, wait, probably not

1991tealRSt-topGuy 09-22-2002 12:48 PM

Originally posted by Mark A Shields
Then people from WV, some MD, NC, SC would be way too far. I see TomP drove to our meet ask him how the drive was, I'm sure can't be too bad or even PA. This way we can get a wide range of people to come.
eh we have a whole bunch of people from North jersey and New york too though

Mark A Shields 09-22-2002 12:49 PM

Originally posted by 1991tealRSt-topGuy
eh we have a whole bunch of people from North jersey and New york too though
good point, maybe PA would be best then.

1991tealRSt-topGuy 09-22-2002 01:06 PM

:nod:

MetKiss316 09-22-2002 01:25 PM

What's wrong with Maryland? Im coming from NC so it will be about a 6 hour drive(I think)...How far is NJ?

MdFormula350 09-22-2002 01:31 PM

i voted somewhere in md... at whatever time...

Mark A Shields 09-22-2002 01:32 PM

What's wrong with Maryland? Im coming from NC so it will be about a 6 hour drive(I think)...How far is NJ?
We'll see how things turnout in a few days, to see how some of the NJ and NY boys feel about drivin to MD.

Xenodrgn 09-22-2002 01:36 PM

I think somewhere in MD would be good... nice inbetween for everyone from NY to SC.

Mark A Shields 09-22-2002 01:48 PM

Originally posted by Xenodrgn
I think somewhere in MD would be good... nice inbetween for everyone from NY to SC.
That's what I was thinkin, we could fit 20 people in one hotel room.lol :D that's only like $3 a piece. ;) kiddin btw.

meridius 09-22-2002 02:06 PM

Id say make it sometime in spring in Pa. I dont think it will be to hot at that point and besides I live in Pa so it will be easier for me to make it. My suggestion would be to have it in the southern part of Pa so its a little more centerally located for everyone.

Der91Z 09-22-2002 02:07 PM

I think northern maryland would be good. It'll be about a 3 hour drive from NYC to northern maryland. We could do a dyno day for one of the two days in aberdeen. and maybe rent out a day at the track in cecil county drag strip.

White Ninja 09-22-2002 02:14 PM

spring would be awesome, my car would be definately be done by then, and i should have some mods... i think PA would be the best, but i hate driving in PA... but i have to go through there to get to MD, so anywhere would be fine. If it's possible i'll be there, where ever it may be. I'm upset i couldn't make the last one... but i'll make up for it by being at this one.

arrowcamaro 09-22-2002 02:31 PM

im with derfrank...... northern md sounds good and a few runs at cecil county would be nice! if we do it im there no doubt so lets get it together mark this sounds good 4 me just give me a date.....:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Dennis91RS 09-22-2002 02:57 PM

sounds like a plan guys

hey Mark should we try and gather up one more meet at the Saturday car show before it gets cold?

arrowcamaro 09-22-2002 03:04 PM

hey mark....... do another before it gets cold i agree with dennis come on i would like to see some of you guys!:)

Hg 09-22-2002 03:05 PM

Well I don't think I'd be able to make it, but I'll throw an idea in here.

If you're gonna have that many people there, a cookout sounds like a good idea doesn't it? Not really sure how it'd get paid for or anything, just sounded good and thought I'd throw it in there for ya guys. Maybe someone has a big grill or something, one of those huge ones u have to trailer.

:D

Mark A Shields 09-22-2002 03:05 PM

Originally posted by Dennis91RS
sounds like a plan guys

hey Mark should we try and gather up one more meet at the Saturday car show before it gets cold?

The one in PF? I'm goin back to college today, so I can't.

Guys, we'll get a place and date set soon, give it a week or 2 for others to reply. I'll let you know.

89Irocz23 09-22-2002 03:06 PM

if it gets big enough I will come up there and im down in FL, but it needs to be about 100 there or so.

Mark A Shields 09-22-2002 03:07 PM

Originally posted by Hg
Well I don't think I'd be able to make it, but I'll throw an idea in here.

If you're gonna have that many people there, a cookout sounds like a good idea doesn't it? Not really sure how it'd get paid for or anything, just sounded good and thought I'd throw it in there for ya guys. Maybe someone has a big grill or something, one of those huge ones u have to trailer.

:D

A cookout will be a must. WE had one at our last one for like 60 people, turned out real nice. Everyone brought something.

Mark A Shields 09-22-2002 03:08 PM

Originally posted by 89Irocz23
if it gets big enough I will come up there and im down in FL, but it needs to be about 100 there or so.
I don't see that being a problem.

White Ninja 09-22-2002 03:16 PM

just checking.. this is gonna be around a weekend right? cuz i have work and school during the week. and i'm sure a lot of the older guys have work....sorry if this is a stupid question

TBI305Camaro 09-22-2002 03:20 PM

Please dont make it in northen PA. Im down by charelston WV so that would be a crazy drive for me. Actually it may not be that bad but i know it would take me about 9 hours to get to NJ. MD would be nice. Mark with this much notice im sure you can get 100 people easy. Plus im willing to take a road trip to hang out with guys on the board.

heavy_chevy29 09-22-2002 03:25 PM

i'm from northern jersey and i would go to PA. i'm not going to travel to MD though

No4NJunk 09-22-2002 03:30 PM

Mark sounds great.

Do it in northern MD. There's no way in hell I'm driving to NJ. As for the dates as already said...If its not during the auto fest at lowes speedway then its cool. Cookout sounds like a good idea!! I'm always hungry:D .

Der91Z 09-22-2002 03:52 PM

from exit 8 on the jersey turnpike, I can get to northern maryland in about 2-2-1/2 hours. I drive from baltimore to NYC often so it can't be that bad of a drive in New Jersey. Its about a 3-1/2 hour drive from baltimore to New York City through the holland tunnel.

PhantomTPI 09-22-2002 04:25 PM

Northeastern/Easter PA(Stroudsburg area) or Central Jersey would be good for me in the spring sometime. The year winds down for me then, and it would be a better time. Btw, can I bring my Vette instead? The paint is much better on it. J/K. :D

Nasty_Bird_'90 09-22-2002 04:47 PM

I vote for somewhere in northern MD. I'll work on finding a park with a nice campsite. As for time, I say early spring. I don't know about you guys, but i can never wait till spring comes so I can cruise with the top(s) down :rolleyes: . As for what to do, we can take a trip to Cecil Co. dragstrip and theres always volleyball, softball, and stuff like that. By the way Mark, you're tent will be on the opposite side of the campground you queer. (j/k).

FLYNLOW92rs 09-22-2002 06:01 PM

I'm going to be driving up to Maryland sometime this summer also.....:D :D :D

It would have to be in Maryland and sometime during June for me to attend....

That is if i'm allowed to show up......;).....If not no hard feelings....:D

MetKiss316 09-22-2002 07:26 PM

You people in NJ have nothing to complain about. It's only a 3 hour drive. I will be coming from NC,and Maryland is a 6 hour drive at least for me.

Anyways, i think Maryland is probably about the most center that you are gonna get.

And im all for DynoDay/renting a track. I won't be in anything spectacular(unless something changes ;) ...just a 79 Trans Am 10th Anniversary with a rebuilt 403/auto...It may have a cam, intake, and headers by then...not sure.

86IROCNJ 09-22-2002 07:58 PM

Man, you guys better still be doing this next year when my car is actually drivable! If i were to go to any of these meets i would only be able to bring pictures and that is no fun.

Mark A Shields 09-22-2002 08:15 PM

You people in NJ have nothing to complain about. It's only a 3 hour drive. I will be coming from NC,and Maryland is a 6 hour drive at least for me.

Anyways, i think Maryland is probably about the most center that you are gonna get.

And im all for DynoDay/renting a track. I won't be in anything spectacular(unless something changes ;) ...just a 79 Trans Am 10th Anniversary with a rebuilt 403/auto...It may have a cam, intake, and headers by then...not sure.

That is a very good point, and as seeing one may drive from FL, maybe more, I think northern Md, which is right near PA isn't that bad of a drive, ask TomP he came to our meet just for 23 of us.

robertg 09-22-2002 08:34 PM

i think it would be more centrally located in pennsylvania.

i'm also leaning more towards early june, as there would be more people out of school.

i'm in eastern ohio, i could pretty much drive to central pennsylvania.

also willing to meet up with some people, and caravan down to md if the party ends up being there.

86IROC350NY 09-22-2002 08:35 PM

End of april

I think that the end of april will be best, sometime at the last week. The spring is freestyle wrestling season, and I want to make a showing before I graduate on 31 May. Cuz then I will be selling my camaro for a POS blazer that I will not mod except for free mods. Unless you know how to rig a camaro for Ft. Drum NY...aka the north pole

--Dan

Mark A Shields 09-22-2002 08:39 PM

Re: End of april

Originally posted by 86IROC350NY
I think that the end of april will be best, sometime at the last week. The spring is freestyle wrestling season, and I want to make a showing before I graduate on 31 May. Cuz then I will be selling my camaro for a POS blazer that I will not mod except for free mods. Unless you know how to rig a camaro for Ft. Drum NY...aka the north pole

--Dan

Only problem I find with april , is it's the rainy month.:(

86IROC350NY 09-22-2002 09:08 PM

Bitch mother****er ****

. i will have break at that time and will want to do something crazy, like drive my car for 3 hours (please *** don't explode).
That will be perfect for me to show it off after my mods are done, and before i sell it.
--Dan

1991tealRSt-topGuy 09-22-2002 09:53 PM

ok i am going to set up a vote sticky for location

fly89gta 09-22-2002 10:24 PM

i think northern MD is fair for everyone that would be going

if there is anything you guys need as far as help jus ask :)

89Irocz23 09-22-2002 10:28 PM

Originally posted by FLYNLOW92rs
I'm going to be driving up to Maryland sometime this summer also.....:D :D :D

It would have to be in Maryland and sometime during June for me to attend....

That is if i'm allowed to show up......;).....If not no hard feelings....:D

wohoo maybe well have more than 1 person from FL!!! hehe I wish it was sooner cause I might have to make a road trip soon to get away from this hurricane!!! IF there is a lot of people I will be there. Its proly at least 15 hours if not more, but it would be worth it anyway plus I plan on going to MI next year anyway so its not too bad out of the way.

89Irocz23 09-22-2002 10:29 PM

oh ya man everyone is welcome so its all good..everyone likes you since your not cocky when someone says something about your car like everyone else that has a wing like yours. I dunno what everyone else thinks but your actually pretty cool..You can take the **** people say about your car like a man.

tomster03 09-22-2002 11:52 PM

Just a sugestion why not have the meet some where close to a track or evon at a track with all them people there it sure would be neet to let there time slips do the talking.. the pics from your last meet just looked Awseom i would love to go to one... i need to get my cooling problem fixed before any long trips tho.. 3 core rad and still running hot.. this is also why i voted spring hopfully it would be alittle cooler

FLYNLOW92rs 09-23-2002 12:12 AM

So when yoy say Spring.......do you have any dates/months planned????

DakotaSLT 09-23-2002 12:15 AM

I'm in No. VA, so either Maryland or PA works for me. I can make Ski Liberty in Southern PA in about an hour and a half, so its not really that hard for me to get anywhere (and that is actually driving the speed limit:) ). The advantage of where I live is I've got I-95 on one side and RT 15 on the other, so I can get to pretty much wherever.

Definately up for the track idea though, that would be awesome. I would also be up for a cruise somewhere if we could arrange that. Maybe even just find an Outback Steakhouse, get there early, and crash the place.

zNucleaRz 09-23-2002 01:56 AM

MD sounds good to me i am in Southern VA and i would love to go to a meet i missed the last one because of work. by spring i should have a new motor in my car so a dyno day or a drag strip day would rock to test it out!