Problems / Help / Suggestions / Comments Let us know if you're having any problems with the site or board software. Post any ideas you might have for ThirdGen.Org here.

signature pic wont load!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 01:20 PM
Supreme Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: A4
Axle/Gears: 3.23
signature pic wont load!!!!!!!!!!

For some reason, the pic I had for my signature wouldnt work. It was hosted by photobucket and the picture said I had to update my account. No idea what that even means.

Anyway, I couldnt get it to work so I just let this site upload an image from my desktop,which it did, but it wont show up in the threads now. I get a message that says I cant delete a picture if its currently in use and I cant use a picture more than once.

Can someone look into this for me please?!!!
Old 08-27-2017, 05:32 PM
JT
Community Administrator

Received 255 Likes on 184 Posts
Re: signature pic wont load!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by BOTTLEDZ28
For some reason, the pic I had for my signature wouldnt work. It was hosted by photobucket and the picture said I had to update my account. No idea what that even means.
That issue is with Photobucket and is between Photobucket and their users. We (ThirdGen) have no control over Photobucket.

Photobucket previously allowed their users to host images for free and that included "hot-linking" (which you did with your signature) by using their servers to host images to display elsewhere on the Internet. Photobucket has become strict on allowing that. Probably because it costs them money.

Originally Posted by BOTTLEDZ28
Anyway, I couldnt get it to work so I just let this site upload an image from my desktop,which it did, but it wont show up in the threads now. I get a message that says I cant delete a picture if its currently in use and I cant use a picture more than once.

Can someone look into this for me please?!!!
Your account still shows you're using 2 different images in your signature from Photobucket. You must delete those. Then follow this:

1) Go to UserCP : https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/usercp.php

2) Click on Edit Signature: https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/prof...=editsignature

3) Upload the signature via either from your Computer (option 2) or from an existing source online (option 1) by using the appropriate field

4) Click Save Signature Button

5) Click on the "Insert Signature Picture" link, which will be displayed to the right of where you should see your signature picture. This step will insert a [sigpic][/sigpic] set of tags. There should be nothing between the two tags. This tells the software that your signature will go there.

6) Click Save Signature Button