History / Originality Got a question about 1982-1992 Camaro or Firebird history? Have a question about original parts, options, RPO codes, when something was available, or how to document your car? Those questions, answers, and much more!

Questions about my GM heritage build invoice!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 10:12 PM
On Probation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1987 IROC-Z Camaro
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: T-5 5 Speed
Questions about my GM heritage build invoice!

Hey guys...I got my GM Heritage build invoice for my IROC-Z! Have some questions...so at the bottom it says Park Chevrolet 2005 Highway 62 Jeffersonville IN. Does the signify where the car came from the factory?

I did a Carfax and it went back to 91 I believe but all the title transfers were in IN up until I bought the car

Also do any of you have any stories or remember the dealership when it was around...I believe after some light research it no longer exist.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:14 PM
Supreme Member

Received 754 Likes on 580 Posts
Car: 1988 Trans Am
Engine: L03
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 10 Bolt 2.73 Open
Re: Questions about my GM heritage build invoice!

Sounds like Park would have been the ship to / selling dealer. 1987 would have been built in Norwood, OH, or Van Nuys, CA., the only plants to build 3rd gens.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:33 PM
On Probation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1987 IROC-Z Camaro
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: T-5 5 Speed

Originally Posted by DynoDave43
Sounds like Park would have been the ship to / selling dealer. 1987 would have been built in Norwood, OH, or Van Nuys, CA., the only plants to build 3rd gens.
Thanks...I have to be honest...I'm kind of like...well at a lost for words really. I think I almost cried lol. I thought I would NEVER find out where the car came from...now I want to try and find as much history as I can on the dealership etc...this is too cool for me! Its so weird...I google maps that area...dude there is NOTHING THERE...like I dont think anything was ever there...its just fields apon fields! Really wondered why the dealership was there to begin with...
Old 09-06-2017, 12:47 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 1985 IROC-Z
Engine: L69
Transmission: T-5
Axle/Gears: 373 Limited Slip

Your VIN specifies N Norwood built car and shipped to Park. With your vin probably was built Winter or early Spring of 87., if your door decal is missing or faded.

Last edited by z28cop; 09-06-2017 at 12:57 AM.
Old 09-06-2017, 11:17 AM

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts
Car: '89 Iroc Z28-15,100 Original Miles
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: Limited Slip, 2.77 Ratio

Originally Posted by jeremyb1988
Thanks...I have to be honest...I'm kind of like...well at a lost for words really. I think I almost cried lol. I thought I would NEVER find out where the car came from...now I want to try and find as much history as I can on the dealership etc...this is too cool for me! Its so weird...I google maps that area...dude there is NOTHING THERE...like I dont think anything was ever there...its just fields apon fields! Really wondered why the dealership was there to begin with...
I contacted my original dealer in Pennsylvania and asked about a dealer "booster" license plate such as those displayed on cars while they are for sale on the lot. They shipped me the first plate pictured which they currently (2017) use on their 'for sale" cars, free of charge. According to the parts manager they still consider me a customer after 30 years and they do not charge their customers for promotional items-nice. I still wanted something closer to what my car would have worn the day its first owner walked on the lot and purchased the car in the summer of 1989. I came across the second plate on ebay which the seller stated was used by Bob Fisher Chevy during the 80's & 90's. Kind of a cool car show item to go with my window sticker, original invoice and other original documentation.

Old 09-06-2017, 03:33 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1,052 Likes on 748 Posts

Wow! That second plate is so patriotic, Uncle Sam is humbled. Cool!
Old 09-06-2017, 04:52 PM
Supreme Member

Received 144 Likes on 103 Posts
Car: '91 GTA, '92 T/A Convertible
Engine: GTA: 350 w/Vortec heads, T/A: 305
Transmission: Pro-built 700R4
Axle/Gears: GTA: 3.27, T/A: 2.73

Originally Posted by jeremyb1988
I thought I would NEVER find out where the car came from...now I want to try and find as much history as I can on the dealership etc...this is too cool for me! Its so weird...I google maps that area...dude there is NOTHING THERE...like I dont think anything was ever there...its just fields apon fields! Really wondered why the dealership was there to begin with...
I feel your pain. From the documentation that I have on my car, it says it was ordered/delivered to Al Piano Pontiac in Simi Valley. But I cannot find anything about this dealership. The only thing I can find is in a comments section when some guy mentioned it in a passing reference.