South Central Region Board for the states of Texas, Oklahoma, and Louisana.

LS swap harness tied to 3rd gen harness

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 92 Camaro RS And 91 Camaro RS
Engine: 305 and a 5.3L
Transmission: A4
LS swap harness tied to 3rd gen harness

My build is a 5.3 with a 4l60e I'm having trouble and I have and read pockets thread and followed it down to the T and I'm still having issues I'm not sure if its a ground issue. At first it use to turn over and now it doesn't I've replaced the starter and the battery tested good. At this point I'm in the process of checking my ignition say that there is no issue at the ignition I know that I'm going to make sure my grounds are good where else should I look. 0411 PCM has the Vats deleted I get power from my ignition wire to the fuse box I hear the relays clicking. But for whatever reason still doesn't turn over. If anyone in the Houston area can swing by and help that would greatly be appreciated
Old 12-23-2016, 07:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 82 Z28
Engine: TT LS
Transmission: 4L80E
Axle/Gears: S60 3.54's
Re: LS swap harness tied to 3rd gen harness

If you're working with a supplemental/additional fuse box, check those fuses. I ran my stock Camaro starter solenoid switched power directly to the starter solenoid on my 5.3 swap if doing that might help you. For other testing you could put a volt meter or test light on the starter solenoid switched power wire, and ground to the battery or chassis to see if at least that wire is getting power when trying to start it. If it is, then you most likely have a problem with either the large power wire or a ground issue. All of this is provided you truly have a good battery and starter.

Last edited by fast82z; 12-23-2016 at 07:52 PM. Reason: fuses