South West Region South West regional discussion board.

NEW to SouthEast AZ

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 91 camaro rs
Engine: 5.0 v8
NEW to SouthEast AZ

im origionally from long beach, ca. I own a 91 rs but its back in lbc. check out my pics. I recently moved out here in Arizona maybe 3 months ago and am planning to tow my car out here to fix it up. I got in a car crash maybe a yr. and 1/2 ago..... there's damage to the frame so the insurance co wanted to give me $1800 for it, but ive owned it for 5 or 6 yrs, and over that time had put like prob. 15-17k total in it. so I kept it and according to CA its gonna be a salvaged car, WAY higher insurance...... but im hard headed. ive belonged to this website for a few yrs now. even had my first car show through a post (in lb) and im just now getting around to checking out the shops and stuff around where im at. a lot are in tuscon. im in safford, anything in my neighborhood? or anyone from my "town" belong to this website? if so hit me up with any comments, ideas, places, events, ANYTHING. ok sweet. thanks! hope to get replies.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1988 GTA
Engine: LS3
Transmission: T56 Magnum
Axle/Gears: Moser 12 Bolt 3:42
Re: NEW to SouthEast AZ

Failed to mention what "Town" you're in. SE AZ covers a lot of territory.
I'm also wonder why you pay higher insurance for a salvage title car... I know at least 2 people who have them and there's no difference in the insurance costs, it normally just diminishes the vehicle's value...
Old 11-07-2013, 01:37 AM

Car: 1988 Trans Am GTA
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: TH-7004R
Axle/Gears: 3.27

my dads truck has a salvage title and the insurance actually went down because now its only covered for liability. and jeez safford is quite a ways out there. thats not south east az, that's south west Albuquerque :P

but welcome to this fine state, enjoy your first mild winter then get ready to kill yourself come summertime
Old 11-07-2013, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Alex Bebb
my dads truck has a salvage title and the insurance actually went down because now its only covered for liability. and jeez safford is quite a ways out there. thats not south east az, that's south west Albuquerque :P

but welcome to this fine state, enjoy your first mild winter then get ready to kill yourself come summertime
yeah.... I came out here in mid july, it was like 113 degrees sometimes......
Old 11-07-2013, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by DesertFox
Failed to mention what "Town" you're in. SE AZ covers a lot of territory.
I'm also wonder why you pay higher insurance for a salvage title car... I know at least 2 people who have them and there's no difference in the insurance costs, it normally just diminishes the vehicle's value...
I am in safford. I guess californias different because my insurance was like 175 to 200 every 6 months I think..... something like that but after I crashed it they estimated it to be 900 every 6 months. but that's good AZ is different. I sounds like I wont be having getting insurance out here, and yeah im probably just gonna get liability. I just need to tow it out here first...
Old 11-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 89 Black IROC-Z convertible
Engine: 305 TBI
Transmission: Auto

Are you sure the higher insurance premium is because of the salvage title and not because you crashed it in the first place?
You'll also want to check the state DMV laws. In some states it is difficult if not impossible to title and license a car with a salvage title.
Old 11-10-2013, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Richboll
Are you sure the higher insurance premium is because of the salvage title and not because you crashed it in the first place?
You'll also want to check the state DMV laws. In some states it is difficult if not impossible to title and license a car with a salvage title.
in CA its because of both. If I were to insure a car under my name it is a little more expensive because I do have an accident on my record now but I wanted to keep my car and most of that raise was because they dubbed it salvaged now...... but thanks that's a good idea. do u have any idea how Arizona's laws are for salvaged cars? I could probably go to the dmv website, thanks for the suggestion tho that's something deffinitly to look in to before I bring it out here