Suspension and Chassis Questions about your suspension? Need chassis advice?

pro kit ??

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 01:27 PM
Supreme Member

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts
pro kit ??

ive got a all original 60,000 mile iroc that im going to replace the shocks/struts and springs .. already bought the shocks/struts .. my car sits 27 1/2 in back and 27 inches in the front .. looking to get the car about a inch lower .. do you guys thick the pro kit will get me in the 26 ish range ??
Old 07-16-2017, 10:30 AM
Supreme Member

Received 76 Likes on 66 Posts
Car: 1991 Z28 Vert
Engine: 383 single plane efi
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 8.8 with 3.73s
Re: pro kit ??

There is a thread here that measured fender heights when these cars were new. (The fender's height is not an exact point on every car like a suspension pickup point is but lets just skip the argument) Try to find that thread and find out how much Eibach claims the springs lower the car. I called them years ago to ask what car and what options the car had and how old the car was that they used for their claim and they couldn't tell me. The guy said it was probably a standard Z28 that was a few years old. If you are just looking for an inch below stock you can use a new OE spring with a coil cut. If you are wanting an exact height than a set of weight jacks is what you want. Before you decide you want to go lower I would look at the clearance from your exhaust to pavement and allowable suspension travel.