TBI Throttle Body Injection discussion and questions. L03/CFI tech and other performance enhancements.

HELP!!! Please

Old 05-16-2009, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: Blue 1992 Camaro RS
Engine: 305 TBI
Transmission: T5 WC
HELP!!! Please

Ok so i was driving down the road and my car just died, engine cut out and died. it wouldn't start again. i towed it home and we figured out the fuel pump wasn't coming on when we turned the key on. we pulled the pump out of the car and found out that the pump was good. So we started checking wires and fuses. We have no power going to the pump, and all the fuses are good. im wondering where the wires for the pump run inside the car, and what fuse exactly is for the fuel pump. I have a 1992 Camaro RS 305 all stock. Ya i need this car running as soon as possible, please help.

Thanks,
adriancamaro
Old 05-16-2009, 10:18 AM

Car: 1989 Camaro RS
Engine: Non-stock 350 bored .040 over
Transmission: Stock t-5 (soon to be t56)
Axle/Gears: Stock 3.08 (soon to be 3.73)
Re: HELP!!! Please

Originally Posted by adriancamaro
Ok so i was driving down the road and my car just died, engine cut out and died. it wouldn't start again. i towed it home and we figured out the fuel pump wasn't coming on when we turned the key on. we pulled the pump out of the car and found out that the pump was good. So we started checking wires and fuses. We have no power going to the pump, and all the fuses are good. im wondering where the wires for the pump run inside the car, and what fuse exactly is for the fuel pump. I have a 1992 Camaro RS 305 all stock. Ya i need this car running as soon as possible, please help.

Thanks,
adriancamaro
theres a fuse in the front of the engine bay, right next to the battery scrwed onto the fender. that fuse is for the fuel pump, check that one.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Car: IROC
Engine: 383
Transmission: T-5 manual transmission
Axle/Gears: 3.45

Isn't the fuel pump wiring right by the fuel tank then? Just follow it, any get a fuse tester. So your saying that engine e doesn't crank or what exactly is it doing
Old 05-18-2009, 12:46 PM

Car: Blue 1992 Camaro RS
Engine: 305 TBI
Transmission: T5 WC

Ok i figured it out, the oil pressure switch was bad. what happened was i was driving and it died, engine cut out. the engine would crank over but wouldn't catch and start, so we towed it home. spent a few hours pulling the gas tank out of the car, and getting the fuel pump out. turns out my pump was still good, so we pulled apart the interior looking for a broken wire, all were good. then we went to my neighbors house, he works as a mechanic for a car dealership. he told us to check the oil pressure switch. as we thought about it, it made sense. the oil pressure switch went bad so when it said the oil pressure was below were it needed to be it shut the motor down. so i went to auto zone and got an oil pressure switch, put it in, and Bingo, car runs as good as new.

Search this Thread