Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

CarQuest, Perfect Circle, TRW Suspension Parts all OK ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2003, 08:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CarQuest, Perfect Circle, TRW Suspension Parts all OK ?

Hi,

I've priced these brands for a center link for my daily driver V8. The best deal, I think, is a CarQuest CL for $45 with a lifetime warranty. There is a Perfect Circle at AutoZone for $42 with a 1 year warranty, and a Rare Parts CL for $69. Strauss Discount Auto has Chassis Select CL for $49 . Advance Auto has TRW for $54 with a lifetime warranty.

The CarQuest center link is at National Auto, and they say it is the "knockoff" brand of Moog.

Are these aftermarket brands all about the same ?

Thanks
Old 12-21-2003, 09:06 AM
Supreme Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Car: 4
Engine: 6
Transmission: 5
You really have to look at the part itself.

All of the different brands of that stuff will buy parts from any of a short list of people who actually make them, and just put them in their own box. Find out what each of the mfrs' logo looks like, and just look at the part and see who made it.

For example, last time I needed a center link, I went to NAPA. THey had 2 kinds; premium with lifetime warranty for like $90, or the std one with some lesser warranty for about $45. So I pulled them both out of the box.... they were absolutely identical in every way, and both of them had the Dana (Perfect Circle) logo on them, which is a diamond. Just visit the mfrs web sites and see what you're looking for. For example http://www.dana.com/automotive_aftermarket/ or http://www.federalmogul.com/cda/homepage/index

If it's made in China, you probably don't want it. If it's made by any of what you see on those 2 pages, it's probably OK.