Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

repalced fuel pump and car still died after 15 miles...

Old 12-08-2001, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
repalced fuel pump and car still died after 15 miles...

this all started about a week and a half ago when my car died while driving. i replaced the ignition module and coil first. that didnt help, so i had it diagnosed as a fuel pump problem. so i installed a Delco pump this afternoon and it fired up and ran perfact for about 15 miles, then it died again. i thought i was outa gas, so i went and bought a gallon, but the car wouldn turn over. it just cranks and cranks, exactly like it did before i replaced the pump.

any ideas, or am i gonna have to bit the bullet and leave it at a shop and wait to bend over?

help!

daniel

------------------
86 camaro cpe(dont laugh)has 92z28 body kit with GTS covers, new red paint and a killer stereo. 2 amps, 8 speakers, disc changer, custom install with subs coming by the end of the summer. gm 350,TES headers, flowmaster cat back, performer manifold, TCI converter, jet chip, kn with dual snorkel cleaner. and she still passed the sniffer!

"Cal Poly SLO is the shi#"
Old 12-08-2001, 10:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
o and more thing i forgot to add, when i went to pour in the gas, i felt this strange sensation when i took off the gas cap, it was weird, like i just opened a beer or something carbonated. it had the same sound and such.