Tech / General Engine Is your car making a strange sound or won't start? Thinking of adding power with a new combination? Need other technical information or engine specific advice? Don't see another board for your problem? Post it here!

walbro fuel pumps?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 92 RS 25th Aniv. V8
Engine: 350 L05 TBI
Transmission: 700R4 Raptor
walbro fuel pumps?

I hope Im putting this post in the right spot..
Hi everyone,
Im replacing my fuel system in the spring, so Im ordering parts in the winter.
Ive already got a new gas tank, and am about to order a new sending unit kit. This leaves the fuel pump. I have used ac delco in the past and have had mixed results. It was mentioned to me that many people on this forum think that walbro brand is a better fuel pump than delco.

So as im researching all of this, it just seems to get more confusing.

My application is a 92 camaro rs L03 / TBI setup on a L05 motor. I know the delco can do it, but Im looking for long term reliability, and the ac delco's have mixed reviews that way on this site and in my own experiences as well.

Some parts sites claim that the walbro 255 LPH's can do it.
Some people say that the 190 LPH's are a better choice..Finally I just got a part number: walbro 5CA400... I think this is a 190LPH but not sure...
Any and all input appreciated. Im simply looking for the best longterm option, mainly because I hate dealing with the fuel pumps and that entire process in our cars. And no, I have not cut any holes in my floor to access this pump. I always think about it, but just have never done it. And besides Im replacing the entire tank any way...Thanks again