Theoretical and Street Racing Use this board to ask questions about street racing, discuss your street races, and "who would win?" questions. Keep it safe.

2 funny races ..facing off with a viper and a ...turbo genesis?

Old 07-16-2017, 10:54 AM
Supreme Member

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Car: 1987 TransAm Ttop
Engine: 2005 LQ4
Transmission: Ls1 T56
Axle/Gears: 3:42
2 funny races ..facing off with a viper and a ...turbo genesis?

By now Im sure alot of you guys know my car and the stupid things I do with it.I usually have my camera in my car all the time and try to record action when it happens.Sadly both of these races were random and I didnt have the camera mounted to record the fun.

The first race/story isnt with the mighty turbochicken.I bought an 05 CtsV week ago and was out on a date friday night and taken my lady to her home.That morning I had some exhaust work done removing the resonators from the existing corsa system.Along the drive on the street I spot a clean first gen black viper darting around and pulls up beside me.I didnt realise my exhaust pops made him think I was game to play(which I am!) My date..knowing in advance I definitely bout this life laughed and said go for it dont worry Im not scared.The viper guy was some old dude..talking **** from his window about do i know what his car can do blah blah.I chuckled and said lets get to a red light..Im all familiar with those slow gen 1's..your not beating me by anything more than 1 car length.Yes my ctsv is stock...cai and exhaust is all shes got..for now.We got to a clean side by side red light shortly after..hes tossing hard revs at me and im tunnel visioned for the green light and staged.Green lights up and i slip out perfect..mr viper peels em but gathers up and gets half car on me...we ran it up to top of 3rd both and literally he kept a just over half car on me.We stopped at the next lights and hes laughing hard..gave me some praise it was closer than he expected and I told him..this is the daily slow car,be thankful I wasnt out looking for this race in my transam and id unforgivingly gap you to prove a point.he tried boasting hes never lost a race etc..and i shook my head..we all lose..theres always a faster car buddy but take it easy.From there we parted ways.I was pissed though..lol anyways.

Next race was last night.I wanted to put the hurt on somebody to get out some aggression lol.It was one of those nights where nobody would bite and I cruised around for 2hrs about to go home.Then I spy a black lowered riced Genesis 2.0T slightly speeding up along making some loud blowoff pulls.I kinda just cruised up behind him in 4th not to make much noise and see if he would try to pull away from me..which he did.I breathe a lil more in 4th and pull up beside him just passing his bumper and we get to a set of red lights .Down goes the windos and **** talking begins.He starts with he was only half pedal to see if i could hang because he spanks mustangs all the time that sounded faster than i do.I said jeez only half pedal..that was qtr of my pedal in 4th trying not to waste the gas on you but mustang killer i got life lessons to give tonight if your willing to learn.At this point we both were jokinly busting *****..he was a cool kid.So he honks us off and i did baby it for 1-2..and partialy 3rd and he gave it all he got..limiter and all and i let him stay beside me...and then and snapped down and slingshot him and let the turbo boost life into the tires.The epic jaw drop at the next lights and wtf comments was hilarious.he literally said..i thought it was close..you really know how to mess with someones mind..and then i heard turbo and you peaced out.I said sorry..your quick but not this quick...now if you think that was fast,let me open up the exhaust and turn the boost up 18* and we try again.This was merely for show.We got onto another street..honked it off and i le the car sing for all its worth 1-3..meth and all.I wont say how bad he was back there..he liked the show!Once he finally caught back up to me later he said that was the most badass race he ever had and never suspected from an old car and the flames were awesome.Exchanged contacts for future fun and went home.

This is my weekend so far..lets see if anything happens tonight in my weekly hunting.I need more gopro batteries to get this all film lol.Heres a video from 2 weeks ago against an sti anyway:

Last edited by 86White_T/A305; 07-16-2017 at 10:58 AM.
Old 07-16-2017, 02:31 PM
Supreme Member

Received 76 Likes on 66 Posts
Car: 1991 Z28 Vert
Engine: 383 single plane efi
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 8.8 with 3.73s
Re: 2 funny races ..facing off with a viper and a ...turbo genesis?

When I had friends that street raced there was always a third car involved that would be 1/4-1/2 mile ahead to watch for police. Drag racing can be a serious offense in certain parts of the US, no idea how Canada is but you might want to be more careful. No doubt street racing videos are fun to watch but be careful. Even racing to the speed limit w/o squealing tires is a ticketable offense.
Old 07-16-2017, 06:37 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Car: 1987 Trans Am

From one Ontarioan to another, I really like your car. Why no front plate?

With the power you're making, I bet my gauge bezels would need a little silicon to ensure they didn't get boosted out, lol.
Old 07-16-2017, 09:42 PM

Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts
Car: 1987 GTA
Engine: 5.0
Transmission: Automatic

As always, that thing is wicked! Saw the new ride on YouTube, very nice. What headlights are you running in the bird?
Old 07-17-2017, 09:37 PM
Supreme Member

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts
Car: '87 FIREGOOSE!!!!

Originally Posted by Tibo
When I had friends that street raced there was always a third car involved that would be 1/4-1/2 mile ahead to watch for police. Drag racing can be a serious offense in certain parts of the US, no idea how Canada is but you might want to be more careful. No doubt street racing videos are fun to watch but be careful. Even racing to the speed limit w/o squealing tires is a ticketable offense.
Canada they take your car and impound it, charged with street racing/stunt driving. Not fun.

But it is cool hearing the runs, also cool when the guys your racing are cool cats too. Makes it more enjoyable, good like minded folks.
But the real question is how did the date like the Caddy???
Old 08-03-2017, 12:44 AM
Supreme Member

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Car: 1987 TransAm Ttop
Engine: 2005 LQ4
Transmission: Ls1 T56
Axle/Gears: 3:42

Sorry for the late reply guys..Ive been away from Tgo lately due to work..and the addition of my Caddy.yes..I upgraded to an 05 Cts-V and god does it feel slow lol.

Anyways to answer the questions above,I run a attached dealer plate on the bird so thats why I have the decorative pontiac plate upfront.

Yes..drag racing is also serious offense here,if convicted and depends on the severity of the offense.Aggressive driving just getting up to the speed limit is a ticket here also.Mind you..cops here pick on more the tuners than the hotrods/classics. Despite my videos I really dont drive the car like I stole it everywhere I go..I merely show the short bursts for a more fun video.for the amount of recording time i have or boring footage I edit out you would see my foot isnt always to the floor causing a ruckus.But man..do other guys love to roll up and test it out lol.

Headlights...Long ago I installed hella euro h4 sealed beam conversion lights on the car..and then switched to aftermarket hid bulbs which work great..not the best for rain but i hardly drive the bird in the rain at night either..et streets and water dont really mix!

My date... well she approved of how it RIDES enough said.

Search this Thread