Theoretical and Street Racing Use this board to ask questions about street racing, discuss your street races, and "who would win?" questions. Keep it safe.

Was he trying to race me?

Old 10-10-2017, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1991 camaro z28
Engine: 5.7
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 3.23
Was he trying to race me?

So i was driving home stopped at a red light i was at front of the line the guy was second in the passing lane, the light turns green the first two car in the left lane go i was driving normal then i got up to speed they were not going that fast maybe 40 45ish. I got up to speed 55 starting to pass them as i pass the second car he started to speed up and catch me so i just went, no down shift just pedal to the floor i pass him my cars roaring hoping he would just stop and give up, my turn is coming up i pulled off and got the hell out of there.

Just wanting to make sure because i dont want to look like a d*$k i dont want to give third gens a bad name.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:22 PM

Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts
Car: 1987 GTA
Engine: 5.0
Transmission: Automatic
Re: Was he trying to race me?

Happens to me almost daily, I love my GTA but fact is it's not that fast by today's standards. Bone stock 305 tpi leaves alot to be desired. It sounds good but that's about it. Every day going or coming from work someone will come flying up beside me and push my buttons to the max. The other day it was some punk in a late 90s gt Stang. I knew I didn't stand a chance as you could tell it was definitely not stock so I just keep minding my business and cruising on. He speeds up slows down revs the motor and roast the tires at every red light. We get into town and 4 lanes change to 6 and he is still at it when out of nowhere a very much older gentleman in a pearl white Cadillac CTSv or whatever they are called obliges this young speed racer. Needless to say speedy quickly made a right hand turn with his tail between his legs and his dignity stripped by someone with a lil more wisdom and way more car. I got to get my ls swap done.
Old 10-11-2017, 01:28 AM
Supreme Member

Received 76 Likes on 66 Posts
Car: 1991 Z28 Vert
Engine: 383 single plane efi
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 8.8 with 3.73s

as long as you aren't acting like speed racer and cutting people off no one takes it personally. I've had plenty of cars stick around me wanting to race. One time it got real uncomfortable when at night a guy in a 2000 ish trans am followed me for miles, followed me off the highway into the suburban countryside for a while before he turned around. Don't be that guy and you'll be fine.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:51 PM

okay i didn't cut anyone off or driving fast
Old 10-12-2017, 12:10 AM

The cars in the left lane the first one was a older Pontiac four door and the second car the one who i think he was trying to race me, he was in a four door Nissan I believe
Old 10-31-2017, 12:59 PM
Supreme Member

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Car: 67 ******mobile
Engine: 385 Solid roller
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 4.11

probably just playing with ya..some cars bring out the idiot in others
Cant drive my El at all without some knucklehead riding my bumper (guess they expect you to go fast). Day of street racing for me were over a long time ago dont wanna pay the price.
Old 11-01-2017, 12:40 PM
Supreme Member

Received 124 Likes on 91 Posts
Car: 1989 IROC Convertible
Engine: 350 TPI L98
Transmission: WC T5
Axle/Gears: 3.42

Hah. Funny. Sometimes I think those drivers are just in a hurry and I'm being extra sensitive. I've sworn off all engagements with my stock LB9 unless its an apparently stock IROC or 5.0. Then it's 80's fun time. Once I get juiced up, I may toy with more. And I second the notion of absolutely no swerving or even passing other cars. Should be a clear road for the two.

Search this Thread