TPI Tuned Port Injection discussion and questions. LB9 and L98 tech, porting, tuning, and bolt-on aftermarket products.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can Somebody or everybody please help??

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1994 s-10 with a TPI 5SPD
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: Muncie 5 SPD
Can Somebody or everybody please help??

Listen you guys know best so please help me if you can
I am building a truck and i have got such a mix up of parts. Here is my combo. 86 vette TPI setup, 7730 ECM out of a grand am, I did the harness, I have just the prom and MEMCAL out of the Grand Am and also the Vette 165 ECM. Will this thing even fire up if I just put the ECM in as is till I get some $$ for the rest of the stuff ( I will not be driving it till I get the stuff I need).
Oh ya I have none of the VATS parts as well.
Also I have a 747 ECM dist and est module
Can somebody tell me what I should use and what not to use and what should I do about VATS. I know I'm going to have to get a PROM but I think I should at least be able to here it fire up with the G/A stuff
Thanks for any replies!
Old 05-15-2005, 11:37 PM

Received 220 Likes on 180 Posts
I'd suggest using the '165 ECM and burning a non-VATS PROM for it. I'm not sure if the calibration for the GA would even run the TPI, and starting might be a problem since both the '86 Y-car and GA may have had VATS. Moreover, the '86 Y-Car TPI likely used a cold start system, and the '730 ECM may have been calibrated for a lot different size injector.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:13 PM

I thought the mass air was not really the way to go. And what are the size difference with the 86 vette injectors and that of the 7730 would use?? You guys rock , you got all the answers! I dont want to buy all the stuff I need to burn a prom so how would I go about getting one? It seems like no one here wants to do a prom for anyone else!
Old 05-18-2005, 07:57 PM

OK so I bought a 7730 ecm from a T/A with a VATS module and the key. Now all I need is the wiring diagram for the VATS module.