TPI Tuned Port Injection discussion and questions. LB9 and L98 tech, porting, tuning, and bolt-on aftermarket products.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing ford bosch injectors, few questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 01:29 AM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 1988 GTA
Engine: 5.0 TPI
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 9 Bolt, 3.45
Installing ford bosch injectors, few questions

I'm installing a set of bosch ford 19# injectors, and I'm trying to find out if I'm doing this correctly. After searching around, I can't find a definite answer on whether or not to use the clips. Without the clips in place, the injector goes farther into the fuel rail, about 1/8" or so. With the clip the injector still feels like it's seated good, I just don't want them to leak. I also read about having to grind something for the clips, but mine fit fine, I don't understand what would have to be ground. Sorry if these are dumb questions, but I've never replaced injectors before. Does this look correct?

Old 04-13-2008, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 89 iroc
Engine: l98
Transmission: tremec
Re: Installing ford bosch injectors, few questions

just got done doing this job yesterrday but used the Bosch design 3.. i see a potential problem. the o rings are the ford o rings. gm uses one slightly bigger. they both work but yours look used. if they don't seal tightly in the intake you will have a vac leak. and have to do it again. the top oring is also important. did you have those injectors serviced or checked.. you are doing all that work. if the injectors leak or are clogged you will do it again.
I could not believe how my car runs with the Bosch III's..Good luck
Old 04-13-2008, 03:50 PM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 1988 GTA
Engine: 5.0 TPI
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 9 Bolt, 3.45

I did use GM o-rings for the tops of the injectors, and the green ones are new. They've gotten a little dirty from me handling them with dirty hands. Also, I compared them to the GM ones (that came in my fel-pro intake gasket set) and I can't see any difference in size. Which ones are the design 3? Are those the long and skinny yellow ones?
Old 04-13-2008, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 89 iroc
Engine: l98
Transmission: tremec

Originally Posted by Ward
I did use GM o-rings for the tops of the injectors, and the green ones are new. They've gotten a little dirty from me handling them with dirty hands. Also, I compared them to the GM ones (that came in my fel-pro intake gasket set) and I can't see any difference in size. Which ones are the design 3? Are those the long and skinny yellow ones?
yes the skinny yellow ones.. they are supposed to atomize the fuel better. etc// the old design you have are like 20 years old. so i went with the newer tech.. they fit right in. the place i used will trade your old style in also
i just felt i did not want to do the job twice..