TPI Tuned Port Injection discussion and questions. LB9 and L98 tech, porting, tuning, and bolt-on aftermarket products.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bogs down hard on cold starts

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 10:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 87 IROC
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Bogs down hard on cold starts

87 VIN F TPI car.

A few years back I replaced my 305 with a 350. At the time I also replace a lot of stuff on the engine: EGR Valve, EGR solenoid, injectors,... When it was up and running I had the PROM done. Ever since then when I start the engine on a cold start it bogs down really bad. It starts and idles fine but when I put it into gear and try to drive it it feels like when an accelerator pump isn't working right. If I give it too much gas it will bog and die. If I feather the throttle very gently I can drive it. After a few minutes of running, once it has warmed up a little, it seems to run fine.

I guess it would be easy to blame the PROM, but the tune that was used I have been told was used on other cars without problems. I've tried cleaning the MAS and disconnecting the EGR solenoid. Tonight I plan on unplugging the cold start injector.

I feel like is got to be a sensor or something like that because when it warms up it drives fine.

Any ideas? Thanks guys!
Old 08-17-2017, 12:26 PM
Sponsor

Received 681 Likes on 602 Posts
Car: 1967 Camaro, 91 z28
Engine: Lb9
Transmission: M20
Axle/Gears: J65 pbr on stock posi 10bolt
Re: Bogs down hard on cold starts

With the new tune is the ninth injector disconnected ?
Is the tps set to .54vdc ?
http://www.iroczone.com/2009/10/adju...on-sensor-tps/