Transmissions and Drivetrain Need help with your trans? Problems with your axle?

TV cable adjustment confusion.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 09:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1986 Trans AM WS6
Engine: 383 Vortec TPI, PUTS SMILES ON FACE
Transmission: PATC LVL 3 Raptor Transmission
Axle/Gears: 3.27 POSI 9 BOLT
TV cable adjustment confusion.

ok so my tv cable has never auto adjusted by its self. what I mean is, it has two adjustments on it. one up by the throttle body is a little slider with a screw in it, im assuming that is for larger adjustments but the other adjustment for the D button doesn't work like factory. I pop out the tab and I can push it in all the way(it feels spring loaded to pop out about an inch and a half or so.) so when I lock it down after pushing it in all the way(twards the rear of the car) and lock it down I go to Wide open throttle it only goes a little bit then it just stops I can mash the pedal as hard as I can but it does not click out. not sure if its just the style of tv cable I have or what... so all I did for now was pulled the cable all the way out and put the throttle at wot and adjusted the little screw slider adjustment and left it. is this correct. ive been searching the past couple week ALL OVER THE INTERNET, including this forums and I can only find instructions on the factory auto adjustment one.. which I clearly don't have... can someone please explain what I need to do? or am I doing it right... I think I need it a little tighter but if I adjust it any tighter I cant achieve wot due to the cable being maxed out... what do I do.... I have also tried to adjust the housing front and back with no noticeable difference.. ???? im so confused.
Old 08-30-2017, 09:14 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1,052 Likes on 748 Posts
Re: TV cable adjustment confusion.

Might help if you can post a photo of what you've got.

If it's not the OE type cable, the simplest solution might be to get an OE style cable.
Old 08-30-2017, 10:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1986 Trans AM WS6
Engine: 383 Vortec TPI, PUTS SMILES ON FACE
Transmission: PATC LVL 3 Raptor Transmission
Axle/Gears: 3.27 POSI 9 BOLT
Re: TV cable adjustment confusion.

I sure will take a pic. thanks for the reply.