V6 Discussion and questions about the base carbureted or MPFI V6's and the rare SFI Turbo V6.

?????????HELP??????????

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1988 Firebird
Engine: soon to be 3.4/3400
?????????HELP??????????

Ok i have an 86 2.8l firebird and i just put pacesetter headers on it. Not sure if the headers have anything to do with it but at idle it runs really rough once it gets warmed up(about 400-500 rpms). sitting in park if i hit the gas a little it kinda hessitates then revs up like normal. While driving down the road if i come to a stop it has a lot of trouble staying running and if Iturn the wheel sometimes it will die. Every now and then my engine light comes on while driving but it goes back off in only a couple of minutes. Only other mods are custom cai, all the sensors are fairly new maybe a year old or so. Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated. Also while accelerating rpms rise and seem to struggle to get past 3000rpm
Old 03-15-2008, 03:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 88 T firebird
Engine: 2.8
Transmission: t5
Re: ?????????HELP??????????

could be many things, you need to check the codes first might help. sounds like timing poss ignition or coil if it wont get past 3k or knackered timing chain. other than that would be fuel probs....... lots of options! but check ecu codes 1st