V6 Discussion and questions about the base carbureted or MPFI V6's and the rare SFI Turbo V6.

My heater hose is losing all the coolant on the WP again :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My heater hose is losing all the coolant on the WP again :(

Any tips on how to "get it on there" right? Me and my friend managed to get a butterfly clamp that appeared to be juuust too small up on there. It took much lubricating of the "fuel line" hose from Advance Auto Parts, which was the hose that fit (the old hose was dry-rotted) and it was great.. for about two weeks. Now it is doing the exact same thing!

Also, it can get chewed into by the belts. idk if that has ANYTHIGN to do with the position of the pulleys as per timing, but before we put tie-wrap/shoelace (shoelace) to keep the belt from literally sawing a cut into the hose, it almost obliterated the hose.

So, i cant drive the car due to losing all the coolant (sounds like a tea lettle, steam and it comes from the heater hose on the water pump, it is letting all the coolant out.) Any tips on how to do this RIGHT so it doesnt come off again?

We did not take the AC compressor off when we did this. 2.8 Carb's V6, 84.

Thanks. (Oh and i start work on Monday, the Camaro will be my ride 30 mins. EACH WAY to St Augustine today if i can get this licked, as im not losing the engine over this.) I also have a 1999 Buick Century Linmited.. with the 3.1...
Old 04-22-2011, 09:41 PM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT
Engine: 2.7L V6
Transmission: 6-speed
Axle/Gears: 4.41
Re: My heater hose is losing all the coolant on the WP again :(

You're going to have to get a picture of this, because all of the heater hoses most of us have seen aren't small fuel hose diameter (about 5/8", IIRC)...