Camaros for Sale Post your Camaro for Sale.

91 Camaro RS in Mass $975 (Lots of Pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 02:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
91 Camaro RS in Mass $975 (Lots of Pictures)

SOLD

This car is a 91 Chevy Camaro RS. The motor is a 305 V8 and transmission is an automatic 700R4. If this car is not sold in the next week or two, Ill either fix it myself or part it out.

I would be interested in some trades +cash as well. I don't need a car right now but I could use an air compressor/tank and a tool chest/drawers. I'm also looks for front seats and a few other things for a 95 mustang I'm fixing up and selling.

The rims that are on it in the picture are C5 corvette rims with practically new tires. The front two tires still have the new sticker stuck to the treads. They are for sale separately. If you buy the car I will sell them to you for much cheaper than I am asking for them alone. I have the stock wheels you can have with the car though. The CD player is NOT included. It will be going in my other car.

The Good
--Clean Title!
--Viper alarm with 2 sets of keys and remotes for the alarm.
--Heddman Headers
--Fiberglass A/C delete box for the firewall to retain heating function (cost me over 100 dollars alone).
--Lou's Custom Exhaust did my exhuast setup. He made me a Y-Pipe, installed a high flow cat, magnaflow muffler and rectangle tips to match the body style.
--Transmission ran and shifted perfect. The tach was reading double the what it should have been so I brought the car to a trans shop and they said it was fine. They also showed me a corvette with the same problem. I found GM schematics and solder the correct resistors on the Tach Chip in my electric engineer class and it works perfect now.
--Almost new radiator (as you can see from the pictures). I replaced the radiator and electric fan almost right before it went into storage.
--A new fuel pump was installed before I parked it and has less than 100 miles on it (I also have a new fuel filter you can have).
--Alternator was recently swapped in.
--Ignition Wires are aftermarket with relatively low miles.
--Chrome Valve Covers
--Open Air Element Filter
--The exterior is dirty but can be cleaned very easily. A scrub down and hit the engine bay with a degreaser and this car will look great. The paint has its issues but after all it is a 91. I moved to Texas for a semester and when I came back it had collected a lot of dust but with the winter I can't wash it. I have plenty of pictures of what it looked like clean before it was stored. I start my last semester soon and this car needs to be sold before than or I'm going to part it out myself.
--Custom Floormats that someone bought me for my birthday that cost over 100 dollars. They need a wash but will clean up very nicely.
--Powersteering and waterpump worked fine when I parked it.
--I swapped in a working trunk pulldown motor
--The smog pump/charcoal canister is already deleted with the correct pulley and the correct serpentine belt. I still have the charcoal canister if you'd like it.
--I have a 4th gen rear axle with 3.42 gears, I can sell you for cheap if you purchase the car and want it.

The Bad
This car does not run at the moment but shouldn't be hard to get running. To get it running it will be pretty cheap, this is what I think it will need.
--Autolite 26 Spark Plugs (at autozone) 1.99 * 8 = $15.92
The Spark Plugs in there now were all the wrong gap and may have caused the misfire.
--Flexplate - $10-25 from forums or junkyard.
The one in there works but it has teeth chipped off so it hits a lot of dead spots. I ran it fine like that for years by turning the crankshaft pulley over with a wrench when I hit a deadspot.

The misfiring was only during a certain rpm when I parked it for storage. It ran fine at full throttle and idle but missed at 2500-3000ish. If it's not the spark plugs it is the distributor gear that is worn down. Would be pretty cheap to swap in a new distributor gear, the correct spark plugs and a flexplate. The transmission ran fine before it was parked.

Oh yeah and from looking at the picture, the driver side could use a new wheel bearing and the hood struts don't hold the hood up since I returned from school.

Last edited by Genhero; 07-02-2010 at 12:14 AM.
Old 09-17-2015, 08:40 AM
Want a title? Post!

Re: 91 Camaro RS in Mass $975 (Lots of Pictures)

Pics?
Old 09-19-2015, 09:38 PM

Car: 1988 Iroc Z28
Engine: 350
Re: 91 Camaro RS in Mass $975 (Lots of Pictures)

troy i see you are new , that post you resonded to however is 5 years old there are dates in the upper left hand corner of all post when you respond to those post it brings them all the way to the front of the line again making the water a little muddy so to speak , if you reply with a personal message instead it will get your question to the poster without bringing a dead post back to life , the other upside to the pm is that if by some odd chance the part or car is still for sale you are more than likely the only person that knows it and you stand abetter chance of getting it as you are the only one that knows