Camaros for Sale Post your Camaro for Sale.

[MD] 1985 Camaro 350 V8

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 09:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1985 Camaro
Engine: V8 350
1985 Camaro 350 V8

For sale is a 1985 Camaro, swapped in 350 V8 w/ cam, upgraded automatic trans, grey primered body. The person I bought it from did extensive swapping, most notably the engine, a racing trans, and carburetor. 65,300 on the odometer. Person I bought it from was building himself a track car.

The reason for selling is that the car will no longer start. Battery is putting out power, but no spark to the engine. I suspect the ignition switch as it fits the symptoms of intermittent stalling and no spark. When you turn the key, nothing happens at all. There's an MSD box in there that could be the culprit, but I have limited funds and not much mechanical experience- so I bought a new car and now I want to sell this to someone who can keep it on the road.

Other detractions include the instrument cluster not being all the way wired in- gas gauge works, speedometer is inaccurate (oversized tires) but functoning, and I have an aftermarket temp gauge. Other than those and the turn signals, none of the emergency lights are working. I suspect the guy before me didn't view these as "necessary" for the track car he was building, so it went to the wayside. There is also no parking brake (the line frayed so we took it out). Windshield needs to be resealed- it functions perfectly but the seal around the glass was DYI and ugly.

Interior needs work, but is in mixed condition. Dash has minor cracking around one of the screws under the windshield, but is in remarkable condition otherwise- along with the matching paneling along the doors and headunit/shifter. Very clean there, but the carpets and seats need replacing and the headliner is gone. Headunit is there, but not wired in. AC and Heat were removed for efficiency reasons, I suppose. Trunk button works fine, but trunk won't stay up on it's own.

Before the stall and subsequent lack of starting, I had done a series of repairs to get this car road-ready and succeeded. Engine was sounding and running beautifully. New electric fan installed, rear brake lines replaced and brake master cylinder replaced. I was about ready to move onto making it look pretty when the stall happened. It is nowhere near perfect, mechanically, but it was what I wanted- a driveable project car. Anyone who knows their way around these cars should be able to identify the spark issue and get it moving again. I wanted to use this to learn how to work on cars, but now I have a car note hampering my budget.

The engine/trans alone are worth checking out if you want a parts car, but I'm selling it whole in hopes someone will finish what I was doing. I just don't have the funds to keep it on the road now, but hopefully someone on here does- or can use this to keep theirs going.

I'd like around $900 for the car. It is currently at my mechanic's shop. He has done almost all work during my ownership of the car and can answer questions or confirm the details I have here. He can't keep it there unfortunately, but if you are interested soon, it should still be there and you can speak to us both. Title is clean and the MVA is sending to me this week (I applied for a new copy today and have the receipt for that transaction). My email is the best way to contact me with private questions, and that is aj-mclaughlin (at) hotmail.

Thank you.

Below is a link to imgur album with pictures from this week.

http://imgur.com/a/OFTAh#0

Last edited by okayaj; 06-07-2014 at 12:01 AM.
Old 06-06-2014, 11:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1985 Camaro
Engine: V8 350
Re: 1985 Camaro 350 V8

Lowering price to $900 and willing to negotiate within reason. Title should be in hand within a few days, and obviously we won't do the deal until I have it. No shenanigans with the title, it's simply on the way.