Cooling Discuss all of the aspects of cooling that you can think of! Radiators, transmissions, electric fans, etc.

New cooling fan ideas...

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 10:41 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Car: 89 forrmula
Engine: 350 TBI
Transmission: T-5
Axle/Gears: 3.55
New cooling fan ideas...

Ok...if anybody is interested or have questions, PM me for details or i will try to answer them here on the board. First of all, there are always issues with aftermarket dual fans or OEM single dual speed fans being able to keep up with maintaining cooling demands while keeping the AC cold.

From my intense projects to other experiments, I have come to the conclusion that there needs to be better options for providing power and various speeds to any type of fan regardless of whether it is dual speed, single speed, dual setup or single. Here's what I've come up with:

1.) dual speed harness- this is a harnessdesigned to be used with a factory style dual speed fan like the tuarus, T-Bird, etc. You can use your ECM to trigger the relays simply by grounding one lead or another via two different temp ranges. If not using an ECM, simply use (2) temp switches with the temp range of your choice.

2.) variable speed harness- this is a harness that can be used with ANY fan or pairs of fans where you desire up to 4 speeds. This is a stand-alone style harness designed to be controlled by relays being triggered by either a series of temp switches or by multiple ECM output signals. This is a fixed value harness where you don't have to have a multiple speed factory OEM fan or variable controller. These are patent pending designs I have come up with as an alternative to pricey and failure prone pulse width or variable speed controllers on the market.

These are just some alternatives to what is on the market right now. For reference, I am currently using a Crown Victoria 2-speed fan on my Formula and I have a 3-speed fixed rate harness on my 86 K-10 which powers a Mark VIII fan-giving me a low speed, medium speed and a high speed when the AC is triggered. HD relays and j1128 spec'd wiring with all soldered/heatshrinked connections ensure long term service. Check em out and let me know what you think.
Attached Thumbnails New cooling fan ideas...-70a-power-module-dual   New cooling fan ideas...-product-detail-pic.jpg  
Old 10-18-2012, 06:50 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: SOLD!!!!!
Re: New cooling fan ideas...

here is another option in which i have used with good success.

http://www.madenterprise.com/fan_control.htm