Firebirds for Sale Post your Firebird for Sale.

1987 Pontiac Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 02:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1987 trans am, 1988 Formula
Engine: 305 LG4, 305 LB9 TPI
Transmission: 700R4 in both
1987 Pontiac Trans Am

I have decided to sell my black 1987 Pontiac Trans Am. Ive had this car for over 10 years. I had it made into a kitt replica and decided to start taking it apart to refresh it and have found another car Id like to have and must let this one go to someone who can fix it up right. Now the details..

Its an LG4 305 carb car with t-tops. The motor and car have around 130k before the odometer broke. Car has not been in a wreck, or at least not since Ive had it. Ive looked at the frame and nothing it bent out of shape. The motor and trans ran fine when it was driven, no leaks on the motor. I have the entire interior removed including the dash frame and headliner, basically a bare bones car.. The fenders, taillights,front bumper, hatch and rear bumper have been removed from the car. Since it was a kitt replica the original front had been removed before I got the car. Its basically a shell with a motor/trans in it. Wiring is still intact. All exterior lights work.

The car does have some rust issues. It will need new floor pans. I had started to cut out the pass side pan and got the front half part mostly cut out but it will still need a front drivers and back passenger pan along with a seat brace on the drivers side. The firewall has rust in the center behind the distributor and rust below where the blower box would be due to a cowl seal failure. There was rust in the drivers side a-pillar but looks to be a repair done year back to patch it because the metal was cut out and welded back best it could be. The drivers side quarter had rust but someone at one time put a fiberglass patch in it but it would need to be cut out and patched to be done right. It had a one stage clear coat paint job but its 10 years old and starting to show wear. It does not have any ground effects on it unlike the ones from this year model and all the holes are welded up.
That is all I can think of as of right now. I plan on using some of the parts I had intended for this car on the new one I plan to purchase but can take off the parts I intend to change from the new one and send with the one Im selling so it can have an interior and a front and back bumper. The replacement car will be a Firebird formula which it will fit on this car and look alright since there are no ground effects. Looking to get around $800 for it. If it doesn't sell I hate to send it to the scrap yard but rather sell it to someone willing to put the work into it to make it their own and save it. Car has a clean Alabama title. When I get to where I can take a few pics Ill post them up on here. The car will need to be put on a trailer. If there are any more questions feel free to ask and Ill send a reply as quick as I can.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 87 GTA, 99 VFR800
Engine: 5.7 TPI wrong heads , 781cc
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.08, msg me if u hav 3.42 4 sale
Re: 1987 Pontiac Trans Am

A picture is worth how many words? A pic would be a great help here.
Old 02-04-2015, 12:28 PM

I am going to post the pics coming up hopefully in a few days. Im also willing to part out the car and sell whatever can unbolt or come loose off the car. Keep in mind that I will be using some of the parts in my new car that is arriving today so if you ask if you can buy a certain part and I say no Its not because I dont want to sell it to you its because its getting carried over into the replacement. I have a few other spare parts that I might be able to find on the shelf maybe to sell also. I do have a day job so if someone decided to make a deal it takes me a few days to get the shipping together. Also if you send payment thru paypal please add 3% to the agreed price with shipping to cover their fees.
Old 04-17-2015, 01:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1985 TA http://bit.ly/1EadkbO
Engine: 5.0 V8 LG4 BBL
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual

Hey I am building a KITT, my interior is all black. If you have tan pieces you could sell me that would be awesome (and a nose lol) :-)
Old 04-24-2015, 07:20 AM

I dont have any tan pieces. all I have are left over gray ones from another car and some carmine red ones that the previous person had the bright idea to paint black. Ill send you a PM to discuss the nose.